Agfa HealthCare, a member of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading global provider of diagnostic imaging and healthcare IT solutions. The company has nearly a century of healthcare experience and has been a pioneer on the healthcare IT market since the early 1990's. Today, Agfa HealthCare designs, develops and delivers state-of-the-art systems for capturing, managing and processing diagnostic images and clinical/administrative information for hospitals and healthcare facilities, as well as contrast media solutions to enable effective medical imaging results. The company has sales offices and agents in over 100 markets worldwide.
To strengthen our departments in TRIER, GHENT or VIENNA, we are looking for a
Software Engineer (m/f)
You'll be part of the "Smart Data" team which works to bring semantic meaning to the non-structured data which is stored inside a hospital. This allows other modules and applications to consume this data, for instance to bring intelligent reasoning to applications, or to expose this data to BI solutions. You'll be working in an agile environment, in close collaboration between different R&D teams located in Ghent, Trier and Vienna.
As Software Engineer you are responsible for:
- Taking up ownership of the module and guard its architectural roadmap, once you are worked in.
- Quality is key - you're working on a central component on which other modules rely, so quality, reliability and performance are very important topics.
- Working together with different R&D teams in a co-located environment.
- Automate testing of both the front-end UI as well as backend code.
- Embracing the agile software development methodology - delivering working software after each 2-week development cycle.
- You have a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equally skilled through experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience with Java software development.
- You are capable of handling a large, complicated code base.
- Specific technical skills: JEE7, AngularJS, Wildfly. Knowledge of SPARQL and terminology servers is a plus.
- You are motivated to take up ownership of a module and lead its architectural roadmap.
- You have a creative mind to handle a range of challenges such as performance- and configuration issues.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in German and English.
What do we offer:
- Positive and pleasant working atmosphere, embedded in a global organization
- Contribution to the cutting edge global healthcare imaging solution in a well-established international organization
- Possibility to bring your own ideas to reality
- Flexible working time, adapting to the personal needs and preferences
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruits
- The company takes care for having free public transportation within Vienna
- Nice, supporting colleagues
- The minimum salary acc. to Governmental agreements (with additional experience excluded) amounts to EUR 32.648,-, a higher salary will be agreed depending on skills and experience
- If you want to be part of our world and future, we'll take you there!
Interested? Then apply! We are looking forward to receiving your application in full!
AGFA HealthCare GmbH
Astrid Hofmarcher, Manager Human Resources
1150 Wien -