Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Chemist / Technical Assistant (f/m)
Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry
FULL TIME (40h)
The Social Immunity Research Team led by Prof. Sylvia Cremer works on cooperative disease defence of insect societies, studying ant behaviour, anti-pathogen defence and chemical communication.
Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Working in a team with biologists
- Independent Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry method development and sample analysis
- Low-quantity ant samples analysis: volatiles (ITEX, SPME), liquid injection, solid samples
- Determination of chemical compounds (mass spectrometry)
- General lab organisation duties
- Chemical education (HTL, Fachhochschule, University)
- Ability to independently establish non-routine methods for biological samples
- Interest to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
- Very good English required, additional knowledge of German is advantageous (communications with companies)
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees
(Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel
time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
Prof. Sylvia Cremer
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,100 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at