So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Prudential Affairs Specialist (regulatory and legislative matters) (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Group Prudential Affairs acts as group-wide competence center and advises all Erste Group members (in particular Erste Group Bank AG, Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG, Austrian Savings Banks) on all bank regulatory and legislative matters.
The deparment supports and coordinates the activities of Erste Group members towards the supervisory authorities and is inter alia responsible for:
- Supervisory procedures (incl. requests from and to supervisory authorities, investigation procedures, on-site inspections, administrative criminal law, etc.)
- Taking care of all topics or internal projects with regulatory implication as well as steering, coordination and monitoring of supervisory related activities within Erste Group
- Legal services on banking regulation law
- Co-ordinates positions of Erste Group, forwards the positions of the Group to external parties (BMF, FMA, OeNB, WKÖ, Commission etc
- Monitoring & tracking of regulatory standards and their implementation
- have a master degree in (Austrian or international) laws or business administration or any other equivalent education
- have minimum three years professional experience in the field of bank regulatory and legislative matters because of previous working experience in a Supervisory Authority or in the banking sector
- are a specialist with broad knowledge in national and/or international banking law (BWG, WAG, CRD, CRR, …) and profound knowledge of the legal framework and requirements, especially linked to new EU-Directives and Austrian Banking Act
- offer analytical thinking, organizational and negotiation skills, willingness to take responsibility and initiative, commitment and flexibility
- are a team-player with high communications skills
- speak fluent German and English
- develop and support with regard to communication towards the Supervisory Authorities and group-wide steering
- coordinate and monitor supervisory related activities within Erste Group - act as internal and external contact person for regulatory affairs (e.g. approval processes, inquiries, on-site-examinations, etc.) on national, international and cross-border level and representation towards these stakeholders
- participate in internal projects as far as regulatory and legislative matters are concerned
- develop and co-ordinate views/positions of the Group for issues concerning banking and capital market law and provide strategic support in negotiations with authorities e.g. BMF, Commission, Council etc.
- represent the interests of the Group in different panel of experts
- support in the field of banking and capital market law: interpretation of existing and forthcoming legislation
- provide professional support to all Holding departments concerning the implementation of legal provisions (especially banking and capital market law)
- offer a highly interesting job opportunity in the area of regulatory and legislative affairs comprising of diversified tasks and set with an open, motivated and flexible young team
- support your professional and personal development
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary which will depend on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 35.920,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: