So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Project Controller (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
As part of Group Accounting and Controlling the department "Group Cost and Project Controlling" is contributing to the achievments of specific group business objectives by driving the processes of evaluation, prioritization, selection, controlling and performance management of group investment & project portfolio (projects and programs) considering their value-added from strategic, financial and operational perspective. This means to manage the processes of investment and project controlling and financial management in Erste Group and support group management in decision making processes the in area of group and Holding projects by their thorough financial evaluation and recommendation to top management (e.g. Cluster Steerings). We are now looking for a candidate to fulfill the role of a project controller. You will be part of a highly experienced team of senior project controllers having the chance to support and influence the projects within Erste Group.
- Hold a university degree with a focus in Finance or Business Administration
- Ideally have expert knowledge of investment controlling and/or project controlling
- Have advanced knowledge in the area of financial management, in financial analyses and investment decision support processes
- Ideally have previous work experience in controlling in a multinational company
- Have a good understanding of the banking business and main business processes
- Think analytically and have very good communication skills and coordination abilities
- Possess proficient knowledge of MS Office and are strongly experienced with Excel
- Ideally have already experience and knowledge of SAP CO/IM/PS
- Are fluent in English (Knowledge of German and CEE languages is an advantage)
- Are responsible for investment evaluations & offering decision support (evaluation of expected impacts of projects and providing recommendation to management for go/no-go decision)
- Support the preparation of project business cases and project approval documentation (project charter) in project preparation phase; challenge the project costs and benefits; support definition of measurable project business goals; consult and guide the project through the company project evaluation process
- Guide the project controlling and performance management during the project execution phase (performance monitoring and reporting; variance analysis and corrective measures; project performance evaluation) and provide consultancy and support for projects in controlling topics
- Execute a project post evaluation (evaluation of achieved business value -business and financial goals achievement - after the end of the project ) and resume lessons learned that are useful for the future
- Are responsible for project portfolio controlling ( monitoring and reporting of project portfolio and initiating corrective actions if needed) and support the reprioritization and balancing of portfolio if needed
- Support Erste Group's investment planning process (strategic as well as operative investment planning) and the investment budget management
- Offer support in reporting of Erste Group's investment and project portfolio
- Ensure development and support of investment and project controlling systems and tools
- Offer you a position where you will be contributing to the decisions about the most important group activities in Erste Group. You will have the possibility to influence top management decisions by providing consultancy and recommendation in the area of new projects/investments
- Give you the possibility to get insights into various parts of the banking business and group steering by supporting various projects with different goals and background
- Offer you a competitive and performance-related salary that will depend on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 35.920,- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective Agreement.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: