Head of Category Indirect (Fleet, Office, Tools) (f/m)
Amstetten, Austria • Full-time
Around the globe, impressive buildings are constructed with Doka's expertise in formwork technology. Examples are Burj Khalifa, Muskrat Falls - one of the greatest hydroelectric power plants in Canada - or parts of the Brenner base tunnel. This is the result of teamwork - the collaboration of more than 6.000 employees in over 160 distribution and logistics facilities in more than 70 countries all over the world. And we are
proud of that. Due to our almost 150 years of history as a family owned company, we appreciate the effort made and work done by our employees. Therefore, it is important to us to inspire our employees every day - in terms
of flexible working hours, performance-related payment, attractive special benefits like bonuses, further development opportunities and a comprehensive VITAL programme.
The Head of Category (HoC) is managing the category and is therefore responsible for all aspects of the respective category. The HoC will ensure availability of material/services and focus on total Cost of Ownership (TCO) cost reduction initiatives. The HoC will also ensure sustainability of savings and perform a category risk management to a high standard. In this position you report directly to the Global Procurement Director (GPM).
- As a Head of Category you act as a Business Partner for Sales, Production, Quality, Supply Network and Technical departments
- Your build up and manage your category team
- You are responsible for developing and implementing Category Sourcing strategies (demand-, supplier-, process-, portfolio management according to the strategic sourcing and category management process
- You manage the existing supply base - monitor performance of suppliers, develop suppliers and resolve issues
- You develop the negotiation strategy and lead negotiations
- You communicate Category strategy to relevant internal partners (Areal Procurement organizations, Local Procurement organizations, Technicians, Quality)
- We are searching for a leadership personality with a graduate degree in the area of economics or technical and profound experience in a similar role (at least. 5 years)
- You have profound experience in international contract management and project management
You have excellent knowledge of the global supplier market and you are familiar with the procurement processes
- Personally you are characterized by a great cultural and international understanding and you are able to build up relationships with stakeholder including staff, board member and external partners and donors
You can lead & motivate people across the countries
- High willingness for international travelling and willingness to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment
- You are a forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
You are convinced by an open and proactive personality with a problem solving approach and with strong decision making capability
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English, further languages are welcomed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Doka Group | Josef Umdasch Platz 1 | 3300 Amstetten
www.doka.com | www.linkedin.com/company/doka | www.facebook.com/dokacom
A company of the Umdasch Group.