System Architect (m/f)
In this role, you are a part of the Kitchen Appliances Organization in Austria in the area of digital (connected devices, applications and services).
As a System Architect you will work together with the existing team in shaping the architecture for both existing and future apps/services.
- Defining and maintaining the system architecture to enable new propositions
- Ensuring the realization of the architecture in modular, easy-to-maintain, reusable and extendable components/sub-systems.
- Managing the system cost and maximize the value for business
- Translating consumer insights and business propositions into technical system requirements and robust architectures.
- Collaborating closely with Marketing and Design colleagues
- Defining and deploying technical roadmaps and product platforms with our business stakeholders and drive long- term innovations within our application area.
- Helping to continuously improve our processes.
- Coaching your team members to contribute optimally to the architecture process.
- Analyzing risk and report problems in meeting requirements.
- Alignment and realization of requirements within time, costs, and quality constraints.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development, design and requirement collection
- Digital projects knowledge and know how (connected appliances, Smart Home, Internet of Things, Smart device applications based on iOS, Android)
- Experience delivering at least one major system from scratch where you were responsible for designing the architecture
- General knowledge of cloud architecture techniques, design patterns and technologies (Security, Rest, oAuth, API management, deployment models, micro-service architecture etc.)
- Experience working with iOS and Android applications/services
- Experience from working in multi-disciplinary project
- Good understanding of consumer needs
- Significant Java experience (and other object oriented languages)
- Experience with database design and data analytics
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- High level understanding of privacy and legal aspects related to application/service development
- Embedded system knowledge and know how
- Solid knowledge of connectivity technologies, mainly Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- An interest and preferably working experience in agile development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Entrepreneurial thinking/acting, result-oriented, able to work under pressure
- Structured way of working
- Able to identify problems; structuring and definition skills ("getting to the point")
- Holistic thinking (systematic thinking)
- Open for new ideas and new options
- Target-oriented and disciplined
- Independently puts plans into practice
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English, preferably also in German
In return, we offer you attractive career opportunities in an international organization as well as various social benefits. You will be part of a passionate team and contribute to deliver innovation that matters.
The minimum yearly salary is equal to EUR 57.750.- / gross with willingness to overpay. The actual annual income is commensurate with the market, your qualifications, and experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)