We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Technical Product Manager/ System Business Analyst for Backoffice - billing or processing systems
Nature and aim of the position
As a Product Manager you will be part of a team managing Global Blue's billing and processing platform for Tax Free Shopping (TFS). You must possess a unique blend of business and technical knowledge with big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality in collaboration with Business Units and Engineering teams.
Strategic direction of the product is set by you as well as defining the roadmap, generating Product requirements, determining specifications, setting priorities and timetables and assuring the successful execution of the implementation.
You are capable to establish a deep understanding of the business process and business rules within a short time, so that you can consult the organization in matters relating to your Product and the TFS back office processing process as such. Therefore you also understand the business and process requirements raised by internal business units, above all Global Blue's processing centre located in Bratislava.
You are working as part of the SCRUM team in your role as Product Owner representing the business view and setting the priorities of the features to be implemented.
As Product Manager you are interacting with the Business Units, Commercial Units as well as all other functions inside the Product Organization and Technology.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the entire technical product life cycle considering strategic planning to tactical activities
- Drive the transformation of the existing legacy Processing & Billing platform onto a new technology stack
- Establish visions, define strategy, get agreement and funding, driving delivery - towards BU, management, customers
- Agree and maintain the Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Maps user needs with Global Blue's strategic direction and objectives
- Owns, prioritizes and maintains the Product Backlog (in collaboration with Business Units and Engineering)
- Act as Product Owner (with support of the team resources) in the SCRUM team
- Defines the product requirements based on inputs from Products department, global projects and Technology strategy
- Project Management of internal projects
- Responsible to deliver User Stories to the Engineering
- Take part in the product budget management process
- Assesses market feedback and drives product evolution and innovation
- Promotes the product internally and to external customers and partners
- Establishes and manages KPIs for the product and optimizes TCO (development and operation)
Reporting and collaboration
- The holder of the position reports to Product Manager, MNA
- The holder of the position collaborates with Engineering
- The holder of the position collaborates with Business Units and the Commercial organizations
- Extensive experience in managing software Products
- Very strong business analysis skills and ability to understand and shape efficient processes
- Understands transactional business and handing financial transactions in a real time environment
- Understanding and translating customer needs into requirements;
- Ability to analyse business requirements
- Working as Product Owner in SCRUM / Agile environments
- Organizational, presentation and planning skills
- The ability to motivate team members in virtual and intercultural teams
Preferable skills and competencies
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with a strong analytic background
- Ability to define business process and business rules with a strong technical focus - actively seeks innovative ways to improve processes, products, and user experience
- Ability to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which Products are enhanced and developed
- Proven ability to quickly learn processes, business rules and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates and communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviours
- Fluent in English
Education and qualifications
- Wide, extensive knowledge of multiple infrastructure/application technologies including (but not limited to): SOA, Web services, Application development, Enterprise Databases, Middleware, Transaction Processing
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience
- Solid understanding of agile (SCRUM) development processes
- Project management skills
- 5+ years of experience in a similar software Product Management position
- Solid experience with billing, processing or invoicing related products handling financial transactions (e.g. ERP systems)
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 35.496,58.