AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a bachelor thesis:
Development of an interface to assess VSM and Measurement Data in the Shift Strategy Assessment Software based on the AVL Simulation Desktop
An existing software for a shift strategy assessment based on Python should be extended to assess VSM and Measurement data. The aim of this thesis is to build an interface of the Shift Strategy Assessment software with the advanced vehicle model in the environment of the AVL Simulation Desktop
- Development of an architecture for interface of VSM and Measurement Data in the Shift Strategy Assessment Software
- Assess reproducibility for measurement data for different drivers
- Development of a routine to detect specific driving maneuvers/events.
- Development of a routine to deal with fragmentary data to assure sufficient reproducibility of the Shift Strategy Assessment software
- Establishment of an algorithm to combine data points of the detected events. Discussion of uncertainty for the rating.
- Definition and detection of different evaluation areas depending on the driving situation
- Design / structuring of the User Interface according to the possibilities and features of the AVL Simulation Desktop framework
- Development of criteria to assess shift strategy for VSM and Measurement data.
- Support of development
- Software engineering and Business
- Computer Science
- Information Computer Engineering
- Programming experience in Python
- Basic knowledge in statistics
- Good command of English
- Independent, goal-oriented work
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 2.500, - gross remuneration
DI Gerhard Kokalj
Skill Team Leader PC Transmission & Hybrid Calibration
Tel.: +43 316 787 2517