For the further development of our Business Unit Clay Building Materials Europe located in our HQ/ Vienna, we are offering the following position to support the business unit's Engineering & Technical Support team.
Head of Research & Development (f/m)
The strategy followed by Engineering is designed not only to reinforce Wienerberger's position as the world's largest and best-known producer of bricks and tiles, but also to ensure its technological leadership by further development of innovative performance.
The department of R&D and raw materials of the business unit CBME includes the following units: energy efficiency, engobes & glazes, production technology & new materials und raw materials & laboratories. In this role, you lead four internationally acting teams.
- Responsibility and further development of the field of R&D
- Strategic direction and coordination of international R&D projects
- Developing and implementing innovative technology in cooperation with operations with focus on energy efficiency, carbon footprint, production efficiency, digitalization, ceramics and new materials
- Evaluating external developments with respect to applicability for our industry
- Optimizing production processes with respect to production output, energy efficiency, environmental impact, consumption of raw materials and product quality
- Development of new raw material blends and new innovative building materials
- Central monitoring of raw material availability (>200 clay quarries) and raw material compliance with internal standards
- Organizing internal conferences
- Preferably Engineering education or IT-Process-Management, Bachelor/ Master in the field of mechanical/chemical/process engineering
- Engineering background, preferably in the field of ceramics, mechanical, chemical or process engineering
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the ceramic industry with focus on heavy clay products
- Experience to set up and implement international projects (R&D and investment projects)
- Abilities to lead international expert teams
- Successful record of managerial responsibility is an advantage (R&D and/or production)
- Knowledge in cooperation with research institutes, universities and funding bodies
- Good convincing interpersonal skills and creativity
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Very good command of German and English
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer
Place of employment: Vienna
Salary: Minimum EUR 80.000,- gross p.a. for local employment and depending on your experience & qualification even more. We attach great importance to strong willingness to perform, flexibility, very good communication skills and readiness to act on own initiative. Within the frame of international projects, understanding of foreign cultures is an additional success factor.
The position offers the potential of a very attractive international career with appropriate remuneration and very good opportunities for development. Our offer addresses likewise to female and male applicants.
Maren Fellner is looking forward to getting to know you!