Digital Verification Lead/Manager (m/f)
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
As the Verification Lead/Manager for Secure Microcontroller products, you will be part of NXP's "Secure Transactions & Identification" business, which delivers cutting-edge security technology for contactless banking cards, ID cards, passports, and similar applications. A commitment to on-time delivery and strong focus on design quality and robustness is the foundation of all we do. The team is involved in all aspects of the design process, from product specification through design implementation and pre-silicon verification, to tape out, post-silicon validation, and customer support.
Objectives & Deliverables:
- You will be responsible for the pre-silicon verification of Secure Microcontroller products, leading a team of digital verification engineers for the verification of digital IP modules and SoC top level:
- Responsible for the verification at module level and SOC top level.
- Interface to HW and SW design teams, as well as to architecture and system engineering teams, to understand functionality and application of the IP module / SOC / system.
- Define the verification strategy as a function of system architecture, the expected use cases, technology- and schedule constraints.
- Develop, debug, and run the test environment for different platforms (RTL, Emulation, …)
- Define and code test cases in an appropriate verification framework, and debug these test cases on the design models (RTL, Power aware RTL, Gate Level, FPGA, Emulation platform) and on silicon.
- Define goals for the verification coverage, implement appropriate methods to measure the verification coverage, and enhance the test cases until coverage goals are met.
- Interface to validation and product engineering teams for silicon correlation and debug.
- Expertise in design verification with state-of-the-art verification frameworks.
- Proficient in the languages and tools used for test case development.
- Deep understanding of directed and constrained random verification methodology
- Knowledge and experience of formal verification methodologies, assertions, …
- Solid understanding of SoC architectures and functionality
- Experience in software development and debugging for embedded CPUs
- Experience with debugging of designs pre and post-silicon, in simulation and on the bench.
- Track record in leading teams in the digital design and verification domains
- Experience with smart card architectures or security controllers would be a plus
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 8+ years of experience.
- Rigorous and methodical with strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to verify and debug on different platforms and abstraction levels. Tenacity in tracing and finding problems, with attention to detail
- Ability to question and identify weaknesses in specifications, tool environments, etc.
- Good team player with the ability to coach your team members and to work across functional teams and sites.
NXP offers competitive compensation. Due to Austrian law we are obliged to state the minimum gross salary according to legal regulations and for this role this amounts to EUR 75.000 gross. Depending on experience and education higher remuneration is possible.
Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
Please contact: Adrian.firstname.lastname@example.org
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Their talent enables NXP to continue providing Secure Connections for a Smarter World. Helping every employee to be the best that they can be is a core part of our philosophy. This means creating the right environment for individuals to flourish, with ample opportunities for career development.