Director of Engineering (m/f) in Vienna or Austria
AT - Vienna
What you'll do:
- Acting as hands-on manager for three agile software engineering teams
- Working closely with other Department Heads and Product Management to lead the implementation of a comprehensive and integrated product roadmap
- Effectively driving an agile software development process across several software engineering teams, defining and estimating requirements, product build and delivery, and launching products
- Advancing the continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous deployment practices for multiple cloud services
- Advancing the design and architecture of the products utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and tools, to continually evolve the product line
- Encourage a team culture that values the constant strive for quality and innovation, staying up to date on the latest technologies and deciding how these can best be used to serve business needs
- Growing, managing, challenging, and coaching the teams and successfully driving recruitment (together with HR)
- At least 5-7 years of Software development leadership experience
- Significant depth in software development in a fast-paced, growing SaaS company, including having shipped multiple cloud products
- Experience and understanding of modern cloud architectures, patterns, development processes and tools, and driving strategic architecture efforts
- Experience with DevOps tools and practices (monitoring, observability, logging, …)
- Track record of success in job performance and progression and the proven ability to both build credibility with senior management team as well as motivating teams
- Successfully led, developed, and managed software development teams to deliver products and solutions on time and budget
- A mix of large and small/mid-market company experience preferable
What you add to the job:
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Technical depth and ability to work hands-on with teams in product design, architecture design and system problem-solving
- Deep technical understanding on how to successfully build and deliver cloud first microservice architectures (.Net, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure or AWS) with modern web-based UIs
- Assertive in style while respectful to others, skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas
- Strong team orientation with the ability to develop and coach individuals and earn their respect and trust
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with internal stakeholders and team members
- Contribute and thrive in a dynamic high paced environment
- High energy, self-motivated, and hands-on management style
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement.
- Opportunity to work in a company with a real global mindset of more than 50 nationalities in a flexible workday.
- Favorable working atmosphere with flat hierarchy.
- You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver that meet the needs and wants of our customers.
- Flexible working hours (no core time), remote work possible within Austria
- Attractive salary plus bonus and other benefits.
- Numerous events for employees (GIG - Tricentis annual Hackathon, Bug Festival, Pizza Friday,...)
- Numerous programs in place like Give back to communities (paid time off to volunteer for a cause of your heart), Diversity & Inclusion, Global Learning days, Team Events, Company events,...
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion runs deep. We actively seek out those with different perspectives and consciously take steps to ensure everyone has a voice. We want to make the best; most innovative products and we need multiple perspectives to do that. That isn’t just lip-service; we update our processes if we find a way it can be more inclusive.
- Team members truly want the best for each other and the company. People are happy to share their insights and lend help when needed.
- We’re passionate creators – of products, of experiences and of the future of software testing automation.
And much more ...
Tricentis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran.
Do you want to play a pivotal role in a fast growing, innovative and highly motivated company where each individual contribution to the company’s business counts?
JOIN US! We're very much looking forward to your application!
With the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. Through agile test management and advanced test automation optimized to support 150+ technologies, we provide automated insight into the business risks of your software releases—transforming testing from a roadblock to a catalyst for innovation. The result is accelerated software delivery speed, improved cost efficiency, and reduced business risk.
Tricentis is the only vendor to achieve “leader” status in all three top analyst reports (i.e., the “Triple Crown.”) This honour is based on our technical leadership, innovation, and a Global 2000 customer base of 1500+ companies, including global enterprises such as Allianz, Cisco, Dolby, First Data, HSBC, Office Depot, Samsung, Starbucks, Vodafone, Whole Foods, and WorldPay. Customers rely on Tricentis to achieve and sustain test automation rates of over 90 percent—increasing risk coverage while accelerating testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps.
Tricentis has a global presence in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, United States, and the UK.