RDB is growing and we are looking for you to be our next Account Director to take care and consult our valued clients in Europe during Central European Time.
RDB | Robin des Bois is a global boutique agency founded in Vienna, Austria with operations in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, building brands that do better through digital & mobile-first Marketing and Communications.
RDB services a wide portfolio of international and local clients, from SMB to Fortune 500 companies, who rely on our creative expertise and business consulting such as eBay, Western Union in the United States, Lagerhaus and Daikin in Europe or Globe and British Council in Asia to name a few.
Likewise, we are true to our purpose to leave a positive footprint in our communities through meaningful partnerships and collaborations with organizations like Eden Reforestation Projects, Animal Care International, Global Citizen, Polarstern, NF Kinder and more.
We are looking for an experienced full-time Account Director to help manage the business of RDB | Robin des Bois, across digital and offline in Vienna to support the European team in their efforts to serve clients like Lagerhaus, Forto, Fugli & Co.
We are looking to you to successfully manage and evolve client relationships as well as for your support in planning, developing and closing new business initiatives.
- You have a proven track record of guiding clients strategically and proactively developing solutions for possible challenges and opportunities before they arise.
- You are passionate about and savvy in purpose-driven brand communications, content marketing, digital, social media and storytelling.
- You have an eye for detail and quality, enjoy managing teams, timings, deliverables and are fit to structure internal and external projects and initiatives with your excellent project management skills. Experience in tools like Wrike or Teamwork is a plus.
- You have experience in managing the production of digital assets and are familiar with the technology and processes going with it.
- You are precise, structured and reliable. Not afraid of speaking up and guiding the client as well as the creative team.
- Your role requires a keen understanding of our client’s industries and the ability to forecast the impact of marketing materials and advertising campaigns.
- Your role requires you to be precise, structured and reliable. Not afraid of speaking up and guiding the client as well as the team.
- You need to be flexible to work across time zones and adjust his schedule accordingly.
- You need to be excellent in supporting new business activities incl. pitching, scoping, developing and holding presentations.
- You are able to educate, guide and nurture account management talent.
- You are insightful, conscious and purpose-driven.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan budgets in the company.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers in your portfolio.
- Understand customer requirements and needs to offer suitable solutions and upselling opportunities.
- Taking briefs for the projects.
- Determine the scope of a project and a client’s needs and expectations and receive client feedback on deliverables.
- Ensure the timely delivery of services and products to clients.
- Reviewing project plans and deliverables
- Proactively resolve issues to maintain and strengthen customer trust while working across time zones.
- Effectively manage resources.
- Serve clients with global structures and needs and managing their expectations.
- Effectively communicate with the creative teams to set priorities, ensure that project milestones and budget expectations are met, and determine team member expectations across departments. Overall team alignment.
- Provide feedback and counsel to account staff to meet quotas/objectives.
- Overall quality control and provides guidance.
- Conduct performance evaluation using key metrics.
- Monitoring profitability & client satisfaction.
- Identifying and researching leads
- Developing sales and strategy pitches
- Presenting to prospects
- Refining services & products
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant fields. (MA would be considered as an asset)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of proven experience as an Account Director or similar position, in managing and developing large clients.
- Experience in servicing retail, hardware, construction, infrastructure clients is a huge plus.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and meeting client requirements.
- Strategic consulting experience to serve the clients' needs.
- Personally leading two to three Key Client Relationships.
- 3+ years experience within an agency environment.
- Proficiency in Google Business Suite, Google Analytics MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with Photoshop / illustrator a plus would be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and metrics.
- Preferred experience in tools like Wrike or Basecamp.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress.
- A deep understanding of funnel marketing strategies and customer journeys.
- Experience on DACH Clients.
- Experience on retail clients considered an asset
- Experience in OKRs.
- Ability to deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team-building skills.
- Readiness to share and exchange knowledge with the rest of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships.
- Fluent in German and English. Knowledge of any other language would be considered as an asset.
Aspiration, Skills & Competencies:
- Proactive learning of new tools and skills on a constant basis while adapting to the ever-changing needs of the market.
- A passion for Business Development, Organizational Development and Account Management.
- A passion for branding, marketing and content.
- Take/give direction well.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership skills and time management skills.
- The skill to overcome hardship and motivate oneself to improve every day.
- Able to lead and coordinate the development of stunning presentations.
- A keen eye for quality & excellence.
- Treats all people fairly without prejudice;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback.
- Client-oriented: establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- Excellent written and presentation preparation skills in German & English.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Pre-existing strategic pitch and new business skills.
- A deep understanding of company’s vision
- Excellent self-management skills
- Research & Data analysis
- Problem-solving skills
- Manage talent and identify gaps
- Development plans for talent
- Account Management
- Client Service Director
Salary (Vienna & remote):
- 40 hours/week
- 42.000 € Brutto
- 3 months notice from both sides
Possibilities for growth:
- Opportunity to grow accounts and team
- Opportunity to benefit from agency growth through incentive system
Here at RDB...
We believe our success is defined not only by our work but also by the values we live by and building a world-class team of dedicated professionals with a shared desire to do better.
We celebrate diversity, inclusiveness and individuality from 15 different countries working both locally and remotely - spread out across the globe.
Our team of driven, young and dynamic experts do meaningful work that has a true impact on communities around the world.
We think Social Media is the future of communications and we love to create kick-ass content that stands out and captures the zeitgeist.
We encourage strategic thinking and versatility to adapt to the needs of different target audiences.
We nurture your love to come up with new ideas and concepts that excite your clients and peers.
We believe that motion & video is the key to achieving maximum impact on a user's feed and we hope to create them with someone who shares that similar understanding.
We speak multiple languages and work in both German and English, with a desire to extend to Spanish, and more, in the future.
We love animals, especially dogs - we have a lot of RDB dogs.
Our agency model is based on social fairness, employee happiness and giving back to our communities.
We are proud to service a portfolio of international clients and create award-winning campaigns.
Our experience and expertise spans across all fields of design, advertising and communications.
We promote a culture of independent leadership and self-development that not only nurtures talent but personal and professional growth.
Last but not least, we are a proud equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, sex, ethnicity, religious denomination, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category by Austria’s Federal Equal Treatment Act (B-GBG).