DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Art der Anstellung:
- Take a lead role and help tackling challenging Data Science & AI projects jointly with data teams at our production companies
- Lead the agile software development process amongst a multi-disciplinary team
- Design, setup, and operate infrastructure for our modern data analytics platform and its components (incl. databases, web servers, message brokers, and distributed Machine Learning jobs)
- Define, automate, maintain, and monitor build, delivery, and deployment processes using CI/CD
- Implement and maintain application configuration for Python and Django Front-/Back-Ends
- Develop, deploy, and monitor microservices and REST APIs jointly with our data teams
- Take a technical lead role with internal/external infrastructure and Data Lake providers
- Bring in your ideas for developing and extending our shared Data Lake and data analytics platform towards sustainable DevOps (incl. tools, standards, and processes) and lead deployments
- Work jointly with Data Scientists and Data Engineers towards designing and setting up DataOps and MLOps practices
- Stay on top of latest technology developments and continuously contribute to the transfer of DevOps engineering best practices across several globally located data teams
- University degree in a related, technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, …) or, alternatively, many years of professional experience. At least 2 years of experience in developing and operating software and services
- Strong background in software engineering and scripting, preferably in Python, Bash, and Ansible
- Extensive experience with agile software development methods. Advanced experience with CI/CD concepts and tools (e.g. GitLab, Jira, Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, SonarCube, Nagios, Prometheus, etc.). Very good understanding of operating systems (Unix/Linux), networking, and infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and DB administration. Experience with git, Unix/Linux, and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- Pro-active, solution-driven, and open-minded team player with a hands-on mentality and an agile mindset
- Basic understanding of Data Lake environments and distributed technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Nifi, etc.), as well as job orchestration/scheduling tools (e.g. Apache Airflow, crontab) is of advantage
- Experience with Data Science or Machine Learning processes is beneficial
- Fluently written and spoken English and German (preferred)
- Willingness to travel (depending on job site)
- Experience in an industrial setting (especially in the process industry, e.g. metals, paper, etc.) is beneficial
Das bieten wir
Salary package and benefits: The collective minimum salary agreement for this position is € 3.091,55 brutto (14 x per year). The actual payment depends on the particular qualification and experience.
voestalpine offers its workforce an attractive and appreciative working environment:
We support with an extensive initial introduction phase, regular on – the – job trainings, flexible working hours and annual appraisal interviews. We enable certain perquisites and benefits for different commercial partners and with a good course of business all employees will be paid an additional annual bonus. Employee participation is of particular importance for us; currently employees of voestalpine hold 14% of the shares.
The fact that voestalpine is a globally leading steel and technology group today is primarily thanks to its approximately 49,000 employees. We are constantly working to create a modern working environment that values diversity, equal opportunities and the joy of innovation.
We are looking forward to receive your application.
More information about our application process can be found on the first page of our application form and in the “FAQs to apply”.
Please be aware that benefits may vary depending on location.
If we have sparked your interest, please use our online application form.
Our CV - parsing tool makes your application even faster.
Current information in handling COVID- 19: Initial interviews in the application process are held via WebEx and/or by telephone. Final interviews will be held in accordance with the necessary COVID-19 regulations in person and on site. The induction phase will contain partly on-site presence and partly work from home.
- Aus- und Weiterbildung
- Barrierefreier Arbeitsplatz
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Gesunde Ernährung
- Gute Verkehrsanbindung
Das sind wir
Are you an experienced Software Developer and keen to:
- Realize projects and develop next-level AI products in an industrial setting?
- Support and guide the development of our modern data analytics and Data Lake platform?
- Join a highly motivated, innovative, and multi-disciplinary team?
Apply now and join our Data Science & AI Team within the Global Digitalization Management of the High Performance Metals Division. We are a highly ambitious team of open-minded people and play a lead role in the digital transformation of our division’s global company network.
We are excited to appoint a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) in Kapfenberg/Vienna. The position offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in implementing data-driven products & services that secure the future operational excellence of our enterprise. The successful candidate will actively collaborate with cross-functional data teams at our global production companies and will promote the development of our modern Data Lake and data analytics platform.
The primarily desired job site is Kapfenberg, Austria, with a certain share of remote work. If necessary, Vienna could be discussed as place of employment but will be accompanied by frequent travel to Kapfenberg.
voestalpine High Performance Metals GmbH is the parent company of the High Performance Metals Division in the voestalpine Group. We are the global market leader in tool steel and also hold leading positions in highspeed steel, valve steel, special engineering steel and other special grades. Customers can rely on our well-established brands that have frequently set the standards for the special steel sector over many decades with their innovation and top quality.
Please find further information on our website: http://www.voestalpine.com/highperformancemetals/en/
Kontakt & Bewerbung