With 11,500 employees worldwide, AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Connected vehicles are the driving force of many mobility innovations for improved efficiency, comfort and safety. As vehicles become more and more connected, the connectivity also poses significant cyber security challenges. Common wireless links of a connected vehicle include cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC communication. These communication interfaces become the entry point of a cyberattack.
We offer a Diploma Thesis:
Automotive Security – Security of wireless interfaces of connected vehicles
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat modeling of vehicle wireless interfaces
- Build connections to vehicle wireless interfaces using software define radio and wireless card in a lab environment
- Security analysis of wireless communication stacks of telematics and head unit
- Proof-of-concept implementation and demonstration
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Informatics/Computer Science
- Experiences in embedded systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong programming skill in Python, C
- Knowledge in automotive security a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,600 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad.