With 11,500 employees worldwide, AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems are essential in the further improvement of driving experience, convenience and safety. For the implementation of these systems a lot of sensors and technologies that connect the vehicle with the outside world are needed. This includes, among others, (Smart) Cameras, GNSS, LIDAR and RADAR. As the reliability and integrity of these sensors are crucial for the functionality of ADAS features they also are points for attacks on modern vehicles.
We offer a Diploma Thesis:
Automotive Security – Security of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat modeling of ADAS
- Build up a test environment of typical ADAS sensors in a lab environment
- Security analysis of ADAS sensors
- Proof-of-concept implementation and demonstration
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Informatics/Computer Science
- Experiences in embedded systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong programming skill in Python, C
- Knowledge in automotive security is a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,600 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad.