A career that invests in the future!
The British premium brands Jaguar and Land Rover are legendary brands in the automotive industry. Carried by unique emotion, tradition and innovation, we are heading into the future with fascinating models. Leading design, state-of-the-art drive systems and networked and semi-autonomous technologies are the hallmarks of our vehicles.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are driven by the desire to deliver world-class vehicles that our customers love for life. Our products offer the perfect combination of performance that makes your pulse race and breathtaking design that makes you pause.
To support our team in Graz, we are looking for a full-time employee to join us as soon as possible
Powertrain PVE & Launch Engineer (w/m/d)
As our Powertrain PVE & Launch Engineer in Graz (Austria), your main roles are to improve the Powertrain quality of Jaguar E-Pace & I-Pace cars related to vehicle manufacturing and to deliver flawlessly the new Model Year program contents through prototype builds to full time production.
Your primary Plant Vehicle Engineering (PVE) mission is to detect then react to PT quality issues in a timely manner by containing issues at the supplier or the vehicle plant; your second mission is to support the introduction of Product Engineering Running changes through line trials.
Your main Launch mission is to lead successfully the introduction of new technical content from PT systems / components affecting the Graz production facility. You will support E-Pace & I-Pace vehicle prototype builds by providing Vehicle Program deliverables, generating containments and participating to Launch Management & Vehicle Program reviews meetings.
Main Responsibilities and Job Content
- Ensure all product changes are acceptable for the production facility and oversee line trials
- Identify and get resolved plant / dealer / customer issues to support the Vehicle Program deliverables (AIMS, Plant productivity)
- Get issues solved by involving engineering commodities teams, vehicle attribute teams, Supplier Technical Assistance teams, Manufacturing teams, Transportation and Service (dealer) teams.
- Contribute to achieving Vehicle Quality overall metrics for 0 Month In Service (MIS) Warranty repairs and 12MIS Road Side Assist: using IQM tool, allocate daily new field issues into 8D projects, achieving D2 level thanks to comprehensive Problem Definition
- Identify and get in place Containments at part level (PRIS), manufacturing process (IPC) and vehicle level (RIS), then pilot their removal
- Provide engineering support to plant to resolve both technical & process issues, including diagnostic investigations using CAN & FlexRay logs
- Identify in advance of first prototype built in Graz the Powertrain change contents in order to prepare the engineering support to the plant
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken; German highly desirable
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask, including creating timing plans
- Knowledge & experience of Manufacturing plant processes
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- Use of 8D and 6 Sigma problem resolution
- Knowledge of Powertrain hardware and systems including batteries and rotating machines
- High level of IT literacy and ability to learn the use of new systems quickly
What we offer / Employee Benefits
- An exclusive and state-of-the-art range of products
- Permanent product innovations which inspire
- Opportunity to experience our vehicles for yourself
- A diverse and exciting area of responsibility with great freedom of design
- A great team
- Various benefits (e.g. fitness studio)
What we are looking for
As you’ll be the liaison between Engineering in UK & Graz manufacturing functions in a cross-functional organisation, we’re looking for a candidate with Powertrain Automotive experience, able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision and to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
Of course, your salary is based on the applicable collective agreement and on your individual qualifications as well as position-relevant professional experience, corresponding collective agreement classification and a market-appropriate overpayment on the basis of a working time of 38.5 hours per week.
Please apply by e-mail to Svenja Arndt, HR Manager:
Jaguar Land Rover Austria, Siezenheimer Strasse 39a, 5020 Salzburg