Your future responsibilities
- Design and development of cutting-edge optical components and integrated silicon photonic devices for high speed optical modulators, detectors and sensing applications.
- Lead or support the design of active and passive photonic devices for complex photonic integrated circuits from concept to prototype.
- Develop new design approaches and optimisation procedures of integrated silicon photonic structures and devices.
- Support and work with process engineers to implement the MEMS/NEMS fabrication process and prototyping in an R&D clean room facility.
- Lead or contribute to design of characterization test bench and data analysis to evaluate the performance of integrated photonic devices.
- Collaborate with all other functional teams and research units in the organisation to implement co-designed and co-optimized photonic systems.
- Scientific report, documentation, generating new intellectual property including patent applications, writing of proposals
- Lead project working with academia and industry
- PhD degree in applied physics, electrical engineering, microengineering or related fields with a focus on photonics and micro- and nanotechnology preferably with a specialisation in Silicon Photonic MEMS and integrated photonics
- Having at least 4 years of experience in design of related silicon photonic devices; Or a post-doc with a very good scientific publication list
- Expert using electromagnetic simulations software (COMSOL, FDTD, wave guide mode solvers, beam propagation method, etc.)
- Strong programming ability with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Hands-on experience with photonic component development and photonic integrated circuit design and characterization, particularly in Silicon Photonics, nanoimprint technology and etc.
- Good knowledge on applications based on MEMS/NEMS and silicon photonic technologies
- Good knowledge in semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience in cleanroom microfabrication processes
- Interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors and actuators concepts based on MEMS technologies
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 52.584.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
- Flexible hours with no coretime.
- Free coffee/tea/milk.
- Family/Kids friendly.
- € 4.- food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- in supermarkets
- Homeoffice possible
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS). Unfold the future, unfold yourself.