Senior Engineer Product Design High Voltage (f/m/div)*
At a glance
If you are interested in shaping the future of the market leader in power semiconductors – listen up! Power semiconductors still emerge into new applications. For our team, developing power semiconductor technologies and products, we are looking for a product design engineer creating and assessing new product ideas considering the surrounding power system and architecture for these new applications. Seize the opportunity for a change and truly work at the pulse of technology!
Job descriptionIn your new job you will:
- Bring up and evaluate new product ideas
- Cooperate with technology developers, application engineers, product marketing and other product developers to stimulate your creativity and verify your ideas technically and business wise
- Conduct circuit simulation to prepare and support system feasibilities and to derive 1st order product requirements
- Accompany and conduct electrical measurements of prototypes
- Run loss analysis of semiconductor and passive components in power management systems by simulation
ProfileYou are a team player with an open mind for new ideas, tools and methods. You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and know how to establish lasting relationships and networks. In your day-to-day work you act lean and fast, and strive for continuous improvement. You generate value with your ideas and solutions and demonstrate high quality standards for yourself and other people. You think analytically and result-oriented and have a structured and self-driven working style.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A university degree or PhD in electrical engineering or physics
- 3+ years of relevant experience in electrical power circuits or usage power semiconductors
- Sound knowledge in the field of semiconductor power devices
- Comprehensive knowledge in semiconductor device physics as a plus
- Knowledge of MOSFET technologies and product portfolio of Infineon as an advantage
- Excellent English communication skills with German skills or willingness to learn it as plus
About UsPart of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PSS semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with more than 3500 colleagues from over 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Living in Austria has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach itself benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
* The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Talent Attraction Manager