Job Posting 2020 – 7266
NFC Validation Engineer (m/f/d)
STMicroelectronics is among the world’s largest semiconductor companies and a leading Integrated Device Manufacturer serving all electronics segments. In 2019 it generated revenues of $9.56 billion and employed a workforce of around 46.000 worldwide. ST offers a rich and diversified portfolio (discrete and standard commodity components, ASICs, full custom devices and semi-custom as well as Application-Specific Standard Products).
In the field of payments, authentication and information sharing, NFC technology is growing fast, in a highly growing market of connected objects. STMicroelectronics has the best in class device in term of performance in this area.
NFC controllers are designed to execute contactless transaction in a simple, reliable, and secured way, and featuring low power and small size constraints for mobile electronics (phones) and wearables (watches, …).
So, are you interested in being part of ST Austria’s NFC validation team?
Then you might be the right candidate for the position as NFC Validation engineer where you will be in charge of automatic applicative validation in Android platforms or in platforms with real time operating systems (RTOS) on microcontroller basis.
It includes standard compliance testing, interoperability testing, endurance testing and robustness/stress testing.
Main Objectives & Tasks:
The job holder will have the following responsibility:
- Work with product development team on the test strategy
- Understand NFC ecosystem and acquire good knowledge in NFC protocols (e.g. ISO14443, NCI,
- Develop new automatic tests involving automation robots to increase validation coverage
- Be involved into Test Methodology & Architecture
- Provide clear validation reports
- Put in place automatic method to analyze test results (trace parsing and analysis)
- Investigate SW bugs and provide clear analysis
What we offer:
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours and 25 vacation days
- Local parking places
- Food allowance in the canteen
- Required education level: Bachelor or Master’s degree of a technical University
- 0 – 2 years of work experience
- Desired competencies are:
- Programming skills in C#, C/C++ or other object-oriented languages
- Programming skills in scripting (e.g. Shell, Phyton, Perl)
- Know how in Android environment and logcat analysis is beneficial
- Know how on configuration management and versioning control tools (e.g. SVN, GIT)
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in working in a multi-site, multi-cultural, international team
- Highly flexible, extrovert character, inspired and motivated
- Initiative spirit and capacity to endorse driving role
- Willingness to travel (about 1-3 weeks per year)
- Fluent English language
This position is subject to the collective agreement with a minimum yearly salary starting from