Concept Application Engineer | High Voltage MOSFETs (f/m/div)*
At a glance
You love technology and working on new products with customers? You are able to learn quickly and develop yourself as an application expert? You find joy in pulling on one string with a team of like-minded people ranging from Development to Marketing and Sales? Then this is exactly the right job for you: as Concept Application Engineer for HV MOSFETs (>400V on the basis of silicon, silicon carbide and gallium nitride) in switched mode power supplies, you will work with key customers and be involved in requirement definitions as well as the concept and development phase of new products.
Job descriptionIn your new job you will:
- Define target specifications for power switch products in switched mode power supplies including definition of critical product details and preparation of application tests
- Define and create test boards and lab benches
- Conduct application specific lab testing including documentation of results
- Work with development, marketing and key-customers in the design in phase, provide on-site technical support for selected key customers and our sales force
- Drive future application specific product improvements and suggestions for new products in collaboration with product marketing / product development
- Generate promotion material based on value proposition
ProfileYou drive your tasks with engagement, passion and proactiveness. You are personally committed to the customer’s concerns, awarding them a high priority and are capable to resolve technical issues until completion. Your strong communication skills and teamplayer mindset support you in your work within interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A university / university of applied sciences degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in the design, development and/or test of power supplies
- Experience with simulation (Simetrix, Simplis, Spice) and layout (Altium, Eagle) software
- Experience in technical customer support and intercultural communication
- Openness to travel (mainly US and Asia) ~1x/quarter
- Excellent English skills with German skills as a plus
About UsPart of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PMM semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with colleagues from more than 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Talent Attraction Manager