Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
Physical Sciences Support
FULL TIME (40h)
The Life Science Facility at IST Austria provides scientists with centralized basic support structures that are required for efficient research work. We are expanding our services in the experimental physical sciences (physics and chemistry) and are looking for a highly motivated individual to build up and operate support structures with focus on experimental chemistry. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Setting up and operating infrastructure services for physics and to a larger extend chemistry research labs
- Coordination of laboratory construction and reconstruction to ensure safe and practical laboratory operations
- Development, implementation and monitoring of laboratory safety measures
- Procurement and maintenance of common research equipment
- Conception and implementation of rules/guidelines/SOPs
- Advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in physical sciences combined with broad interdisciplinary experience (chemistry and physics)
- Proven practical experience in the areas of quality management, procurement and laboratory safety
- Excellent command of English & German (written & spoken)
- Hands on mentality and service oriented approach towards researchers
- Goal oriented working style with high conceptual and organizational skills
- Excellent team player that can also work independently
- High degree of reliability and responsibility combined with high quality standards to deliver a constantly high level of service
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,800 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at