Senior Accountant (m/f/d)
Are you ready for a new challenge?
We are looking forward to welcome the new Senior Accountant to join our highly motivated and passionate Finance team at the Borealis Head Office in Vienna.
Borealis and Borouge aim to proactively benefit society by taking on real societal challenges and offering real solutions. Both companies are committed to the principles of Responsible Care®, an initiative to improve safety performance within the chemical industry, and contribute to solve the world's water and sanitation challenges through product innovation and their Water for the World™ program.
Are you eager to work in a truly international environment, join a high performance team, learn new valuable skills every day and accelerate your career? Then this role might be for you…
As a Senior Accountant with Borealis you will keep the finance, tax and accounting matters of the main Borealis company in optimal and safe shape, deliver data and information for decision making, continuously optimize processes and systems and act as a deputy of the Country Finance Manager Austria.
The typical tasks comprise of:
- Preparation of closing and routine entries
- Balance sheet and other reconciliations on regular basis
- Monthly closing tasks (postings, clearings, reconciliations, reporting to the group, etc.)
- Handling payroll and social security postings and reconciliations
- Preparations of the local financial statements (postings, disclosure notes, etc.)
- Assistance with internal and external reviews and audits
- Cooperation and assistance in finance-related group projects
- Communication with the country authorities
- Follow up on the legislation changes and introducing relevant changes to the organisation
- Preparation of financial, tax and statistical declarations:
- Income tax declarations
- VAT and Intrastat declarations
- Social security declarations
- Insurance tax declarations
- Withholding tax declarations
- Occupational health care declaration
- Social security reporting towards Insurance companies
- Support in the preparation of grant & incentive applications, etc.
You are the right candidate for this position, if you combine a Master’s degree in business or a similar relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years of accounting and tax relevant work experience. You hold an Austrian/German Tax Adviser certification and have excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English and German. You are familiar with the complexity of a globally acting organization, fast developments and diverse teams. The ability to work independently and to meet demanding deadlines are further challenges of this role. Finally, an excellent understanding of SAP R/3 make you the perfect fit.
What is in it for you?
For this full time, permanent contract, we will offer you, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies, a competitive compensation starting at
Are you interested in this opportunity? We look forward to receiving your online application. Please include your CV and a short cover letter in English.