200 years #believeinyourself
Working at Erste Group means working together on the future of us all: our customers, our company, each individual.
This takes to believe in yourself and the people around you; as well as to meet others with respect, empathy and understanding of diverse life stories.
Bank Recovery and Resolution Legal Expert (m/f/d)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Group Prudential Affairs acts as group-wide competence center and advises Erste Group members (in particular Erste Group Bank AG, Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG, Austrian Savings Banks) on bank regulatory and legislative matters. The department supports and coordinates the activities of Erste Group members towards the supervisory authorities.
- act as internal and external contact person for legislative recovery and resolution affairs on national, international and cross-border level and represent the Group towards external stakeholders
- participate in internal projects with recovery and resolution matters represent the interests of the Group in different expert committees and meetings with the regulator (SRB, FMA, OeNB..)
- support in the field of bank recovery and resolution: interpretation of existing and forthcoming legislation
- provide professional support concerning the implementation of legal provisions (especially recovery and resolution law) for Group Recovery and Resolution and other business units
- a Master degree in (Austrian or International) laws or any other equivalent education
- minimum five years professional experience in the field of bank recovery and resolution or restructuring and insolvency matters because of previous working experience in a Competent Authority or in the banking and/or securities sector
- broad knowledge in national and European banking (BWG, BaSAG, BRRD, SRMR, CRD, CRR, …) as well as restructuring and insolvency law and have profound knowledge of the legal framework and requirements
- analytical thinking, organizational and negotiation skills, willingness to take responsibility and initiative, commitment and flexibility
- a team-player with high communications skills
- speak fluently German and English
- a highly interesting job opportunity in the area of bank recovery and resolution comprising of diversified tasks and set with an open, motivated and flexible young team
- support your professional and personal development
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 38.052,-- gross per year.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna