PhagoMed is LOOKING FOR A HIGH CALIBRE BUSINESS DEVELOPER TO JOIN OUR TEAM in Vienna, Austria
Do you want to be part of pioneering first-in-class antibiotics alternatives and drive the growth and expansion of PhagoMed as we build a portfolio of phage-based assets – together with a highly talented team and a network of leading physicians?
What motivates us to develop phage-based pharmaceuticals?
Phages have a natural ability to infect and lyse bacteria that is independent of antibiotics resistances. They also have highly desirable pharmaceutical properties: they are self-replicating and self-limiting, they have proven effectiveness against biofilms and have no known serious side effects. Phage-lysins have similarly attractive properties: they act specifically on individual species of bacteria, leaving the beneficial part of the microbiome intact, they have proven effectiveness against biofilms, have no known side effects, and resistances have hardly been observed. For many bacterial infections, natural, lytic phages and/or endolysins are promising alternatives to antibiotics, but to this date no phage-based pharmaceuticals are on the market in either the US or the EU.
Who and what is PhagoMed Biopharma GmbH
Who is PhagoMed
PhagoMed Biopharma GmbH is an Austrian biotech company focused on the development of human therapeutic applications of phages and phage-derived proteins. Currently, PhagoMed has three active development programs in the fields of periprosthetic joint infections, urinary tract infections and bacterial vaginosis. These development programs are based on the experiences of our clinical co-founders with last-resort phage treatments, as well as research collaborations with highly renowned scientists and research institutions in Germany and Belgium. Since its incorporation in November 2017, the company has raised more than EUR 6.5 million in private investments and public grants. PhagoMed has a team of 15 highly skilled scientist working on its programs, eleven of which at the Campus Vienna Biocenter in Vienna, Austria.
HELP PATIENTS SUFFERING FROM PERSISTENT BACTERIAL INFECTIONS by developing phage-based pharmaceuticals as first-line treatments
What we are looking for
- Scientific university degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. biology, chemistry)
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment or with a top tier consulting firm
- Strong track record of successfully driving complex projects
- Highly structured thinking combined with strong presentation and social skills
- Interest in building a top tier biotechnology company;
- Interest in working in a team of highly skilled and motivated professionals;
Welcome Add-on experience
- PhD in a related field (e.g. biology, chemistry)
- Experience in biotech business development
- Track record in fund raising
- Scientific publication track record in a related field (e.g. microbiology)
- Identify new business opportunities incl. analyzing new indications to pursue, grant opportunities, co-development programs and in-licensing, /out-licensing options that are aligned with our portfolio strategy
- Conduct detailed research on indications for which PhagoMed already has development programs, incl. socioeconomic impact of the indication, market access, sales & marketing aspects
- Support the Managing Directors throughout the fundraising process incl. through by writing pitch decks, identifying potential investors and planning and executing the investment rounds
- Coordinate and support the writing of grant applications
- Develop NPV/PTRS-based financial models to estimate the potential value of different development programs and assets
- Support the definition of the development plans and monitor the individual development programs as well as track the progress against these defined plans
- Represent PhagoMed at international business development conferences, meet potential investors and collaboration partners
- Contribute to the regular company reporting
What we offer
- Become part of building a leading company in anti-infectives
- Take full responsibility for driving the business development activities of the company
- Further develop your network of investors, collaboration partners and external stakeholders
- Be part of a highly motivated, multinational and fun team that believes phage-based therapies will be a core part of the solution to the global antibiotics crisis
- A competitive compensation package that reflects the qualifications and seniority of the candidate and will include further, e.g. performance-based, incentives. Due to legal requirements, we are required to state that the minimum salary for this job is a monthly salary of EUR 4.000,-- gross.