Master Thesis: Advanced Magnetics Design for High Power SiC Converter
At a glance
At KAI GmbH, you will perform your thesis project in an industrial research environment, guided and supported by experienced researchers in such diverse areas as hard- and software design, simulation, modeling and semiconductor technology. We work in close cooperation with universities and research facilities supporting your academic education, whereas our industrial partner Infineon offers interesting opportunities for a prospective career path in the semiconductor industry.
Job descriptionDuring your thesis project, we expect you to become a growing expert for the design of magnetic components for power electronics, with a strong focus on high frequency behavior and parasitic effects for advanced power electronics with next generation Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFET power devices. This means you will acquire special knowledge and perform dedicated tasks such as:
- Learn about technology, characteristics and reliability requirements of Infineon SiC MOSFETs
- Improve your skills in high power high frequency magnetics design, simulation and fabrication
- Define performance requirements for next generation custom magnetics with your supervisors
- Redesign, build and evaluate a working prototype based on existing hardware
- Document your results by writing and submitting your Master thesis
Contract type: Temporary/part or full time
ProfileYou are an electrical/electronic engineering master student familiar with Power Electronic devices and circuits, you have a strong ambition for electronic hardware design, and you know how to make those things work. You should also:
- Be able to start right away, because you have completed your Bachelor and most of your exams
- Have acquired some basic knowledge and experience in magnetics design, including layout techniques and manufacturing constraints
- Be able to work and communicate well with our international team in English and/or German
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Motivation letter
- Copy of your Certificate of matriculation at a university
- Copy of your Transcript of records
- Copy of the highest completed educational certificate (Bachelor certificate for Master students)
About UsPart of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Europastrasse 8, 9524 Villach, AUSTRIA
Please mail your application to: \t