Tuning and Monitoring Engineer for Multi Beam Mask Writers (m/f/d)
The Evaluation and Tuning department at IMS Nanofabrication is looking to fill an Operations position as a Tuning and Monitoring Engineer. In this position you will grow as an operational generalist tasked with tuning and diagnostic operation our customer’s production IMS multibeam mask writers. Successful candidates will be willing to engage in long term planning to avoid interruptions of service, technical debugging of complex electro-mechanical systems embedded in top of the line proprietary manufacturing processes, fast and accurate support for unexpected issues that arise, and fine tuning and calibration of mask writers at customer sites after preventative maintenance or unscheduled down-time. You will join a varied and dynamic team that values results and open communication. From mechanical, electrical, software to process difficulties you have the opportunity to tackle complex questions on a daily basis interacting with experts across the company. Domains and knowledge in the field of vacuum systems, electronics, lithography or process technology would be a plus. You will grow into the expert needed to help our customers around the world to keep our tools in production.
- Act as an operational generalist and build a complete and broad understanding of multibeam mask writers
- Data analysis and tool status evaluation
- Operation, calibration and optimization of the electron beam mask writer
- Implementation and documentation of experiments at the tool
- Fly around the world to customer factories for 2-3 weeks at a time to recalibrate customer production tools
- Be able to work independently to correlate trends across the fleet of deployed tools
- Internal and external communication about the progress of tool optimization
- Conduct trainings on tool operation and calibration
- On-call service for troubleshooting
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in: Physics, Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering or a related field
- Experience in using MS Office / LibreOffice / OpenOffice and Unix (Linux)
- Deliberate and organized work style with a "hands on" mentality
- Very good spoken and written English
- Willingness to be deployed abroad for an average of four months per year. (eg 2-3 weeks at a time)
- Python and Tex (LaTex) experience is preferred
- Responsibility and the opportunity to perform independent tasks in a dynamic company in an intercultural environment
- A young and motivated team with short communication channels
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities
- The possibility of a lucrative permanent posting abroad for 2 years after training
- Annual gross salary: from EUR 42.000,-- open to negotiation depending on professional qualifications and experience
If you are looking for a demanding and challenging position in a growing high tech company, we look forward to receiving your application, which you can load up online on Careers at www.ims.co.at.
IMS Nanofabrication GmbH, an Austrian based high tech company, is a leading innovator in the fields of lithography and nanotechnology. We have developed, in partnership with leading players in the global semiconductor industry, a strategically important technology that will enable fabrication of future generations of semiconductor chips. It is our goal to become a global leader in lithographic patterning by leveraging our revolutionary multi-beam technology.