Flexible working time
Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping almost 40 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue’s Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world’s leading luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and securely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 305,000 stores around the world. Global Blue’s IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
Operating in 40+ countries, offering numerous tax refund services and growing for almost 40 years makes Global Blue’s systems a complex landscape. We – the new Transaction Monitoring team – are taking care of reconciling data between the major systems to ensure consistent transactional data. Our system acts as a “watchdog” over the other systems, consuming and interpreting their data in order to find inconsistencies and monitor the whole business process end-to-end. Within this team, you will be responsible for development and technical ownership of the central component (“Journal”) where all the transactional data flows together and where business rules are implemented.
- Host-side development and technical ownership of the core data processing component.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLF) including requirements analysis, concept, design, implementation, testing, release and support.
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions.
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean code.
- Write unit and UI tests and support creation of QA Test Automation
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architects, Development Leads and Product Managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours.
Education and background
- Degree in Computer Science OR relevant field OR working experience
- Min. 3-5 years of working experience in Desktop and/or Service development
- Strong communication skills in English (fluent both written and spoken)
- Strong experience in MS SQL integration and SQL CLRs
- Experience with following technologies:
- Data layer integration with MS-SQL (medium level)
- Data layer integration with MongoDB (medium level)
- Message broker integration with RabbitMQ (medium level)
- NodeJS (medium level)
- Experience in bulk data operations and handling of binary data is a plus
- Deep understanding of the .Net development ecosystem including tools, frameworks and best practices
- Experience with Agile development
- Strong understanding of software development practices, debugging, unit/integration testing, behavioural testing, version control (GIT), and ALM tools (JIRA)
- Strong communication skills
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to diagnose field issues and come up with solutions to atypical problems
- Strong sense of ownership
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your paycheck, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast-growing international company and industry
- State of the art office environment well connected to the public transportation system and with good infrastructure
- International environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee benefits and building events
- Varied, interesting and challenging job
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual compensation according to the respective Austrian collective agreement for this position, which amounts to € 28.237,16.