All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. As we continue to develop healthcare products and expand our business globally, we are consistently looking for new talents. Right now, we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position:
Senior Medical Advisor Upjohn (m/f)
The Senior Medical Advisor Upjohn (m/f) is the single country point of accountability for medical and scientific issues and initiatives related to their assigned Upjohn portfolio of medicines. Responsible for developing and executing the country medical plan that supports the strategic operating goals for the Upjohn business. Responsible for developing and maintaining scientific/clinical communication with impactful stakeholders hereunder but not limited to academic centers, key opinion leaders, medical committees, and prescribers to expand understanding of customer needs and identify new opportunities for the Upjohn portfolio and NCD treatment. This role is office based with 50% field work.
This is what you can look forward to:
- Provides in country Medical affairs support for their assigned Upjohn portfolio of medicines.
- Oversight in country medical responsibility for all regulatory, safety and product quality activities related to their assigned Upjohn portfolio of medicines.
- Ensures medical review of promotional materials and other promotional activity as required by legislation and Pfizer SOPs.
- Provide in country medical support as required for Medical Information teams.
- Works with the Country Medical Director on the Country Medical Council to ensure in country compliance of all Upjohn medical/business activities with local legislation, and Pfizer local/global SOPs.
- Act as the single medical point of accountability for medical knowledge and insight at a country level.
- Develop and maintain scientific/clinical relationships with academic centers, key opinion leaders, medical committees, and prescribers to expand understanding of customer needs and identify new opportunities for the Upjohn portfolio and NCD treatment.
- Provide medical guidance and input to commercial and regulatory in support of key product maintenance activities and product defense.
- Provide subject matter expertise and strategic leadership on reformulation efforts, due diligence on business development opportunities, abbreviated and supplemental submissions and rapid response teams as required.
- Develop and execute a medical strategy that supports the country operating plans with a specific focus on generating medical insights; e.g. portfolio maximization, local business development initiatives.
- Provide medical leadership on Upjohn cluster and global projects and strategies as required, hereunder ad hoc support to Switzerland.
What you offer:
- MD or equivalent suitable scientific background
- 3+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Broad expertise in medical and strong experience with regulatory and/or safety risk management issues
- Up to date digital communication skills and understanding
- Strategic thinker with strong drive for implementation
- Strong capabilities and experience with digital customer communication
- Creative problem solution
- Ability to consume complex and/ or scientific information and convert into actionable tasks
- Good communicational skills with PowerPoint and presentational skills & Online research (Pub Med etc.)
- English and German: fluently speaking and writing
What we offer:
- Diverse career opportunities
- Attractive salary
- Being part of a local as well as an interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive and diverse development opportunities
- Health programs for all employees
- The opportunity to engage in social projects
- A great and open company culture
- A great company pension
The salary p.a. depends on education, training and expert knowledge as well as previous experience but will at least amount to EUR 65.000 gross per year.
We are looking forward to your convincing online application with all complete documents, which you can upload at the “Resume/CV” section of the “My Experience” page. Apply today via www.pfizer.at/karriere, Job-ID: 4755838. Please note that we can only accept applications via our online portal.
Pfizer's aim is to provide equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: sex, age, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or disability. At Pfizer we are creating an organisation and promoting a culture that respects each individual's unique character and life experiences, and reflects the diversity of our customers and markets. We will achieve this through fostering and sustaining an environment in which every colleague feels valued and supported, thus enabling superior business results.