Application Engineering Manager (f/m/div)*
At a glance
You love technology and working on new applications with customers? You find joy in pulling on one string with a team of like-minded people ranging from Development to Marketing and Sales? Then this is exactly the right job for you: as Application expert for power and digital electronics, you will lead a team of application engineers and will drive new technologies and product innovation in cooperation with the marketing team. The focus will be LV and MV discrete MOSFETS, Gate Drivers, power stages and digital controllers. This job is based within our DCDC power management business line, which defines designs, develops, manufactures and markets discrete and integrated products for consumer and industrial markets. Are you in?
Job descriptionIn your new job you will:
- Lead a small Engineering team: defining roles & responsibilities, resource management, task assignment & reporting, target setting, career development etc.
- Gain intimate customer and application knowledge, understand device usage in end-applications by regular customer visits
- Engage and exchange with senior engineering teams at key customers
- Lead the generation of our application roadmap for Telecom, Server, Datacenter, Computing, Industrial SMPS
- Define requirement specifications for new analog and digital products (discretes and ICs), based on customer needs and trends derived from application roadmap
- Build full system solutions to verify value proposition of new products in target applications; provide specifications for GUIs (Graphic User Interfaces) of digital products, coordinate algorithm development and generate application SW
- Be responsible for benchmarking of competitor’s products and generating promotional material and collaterals (test reports, application notes, white papers) for product promotion
- Provide second level support for complex technical inquiries from customers; drive problem solving by simulations, system evaluation and bench testing
- Provide advanced technical training to regional FAEs on how to use Infineon components to enhance value of end-customer’s products.
ProfileYou drive your tasks with engagement, passion and proactiveness. You are personally committed to customer’s concerns and are capable to resolve technical issues until completion. Challenging tasks are a spur to you. As analytical thinker and results-oriented personality, you have a structured and self-driven working style, even when under pressure. Your strong communication skills and teamplayer mindset support you in your work within interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A university master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of working experience in the field of power semiconductors for consumer or industrial applications
- Expert in hard switching and resonant converters, including control methods
- Expert in MOSFET, Gate Drivers and their interaction, experience in digital products preferred
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Ansys Simplorer, SIMetrix, or similar engineering tools
- Oral & written English language proficiency a must, German preferred
About UsPart of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with colleagues from 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success – all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
* The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Talent Attraction Manager