Key Account Manager Mobile
The purpose of a Key Account Manager is an individual contributor and team member within CHAT. It requires a skillful, resilient
and motivated individual with specific talents in relationship building, listening skills and problem solving.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary account focused team reporting directly to the Sales Director Austria. This role entails selling the full Smartphone and Accessories portfolio of Sony products and solutions into trade and local or regional operator customers to achieve or exceed budget expectations. This requires the ability to develop and maintain C-level and/or senior manager level contacts within nominated Key Accounts, as well as being able to operate effectively at all levels and across all business functions.
You will also need to be able to build a value proposition around each product in the local portfolio. Ensure regular sell-through of the product to the end-consumer. This will require working in close partnership with all supporting functions within Sony and customer marketing departments.
You coordinate activities between global and regional sales and marketing teams. You will be assigned to named Key Account(s) and will be expected to coordinate a virtual team consisting of marketing, finance, order management, technical sales support and customer service. Will be assigned to support functional interactions within Sony CHAT.
Sales Goal Attainment
As the Key Account Manager, accountable for identifying winnable, profitable opportunities within nominated account through a quarterly account management process and normal customer facing sales activity.
Will be responsible for annual revenues, handset volumes, market contribution and KPI targets according to an agreed plan. Specific targets will be set on a quarterly basis in accordance with business expectations.
Servicing the Account
Carries overall responsibility for defining, selling, delivering and supporting solutions to a customer's business needs. Will manage the resources of a support team to service the needs of the customer including proposal generation. This includes:
all aspects of problem solving in line with customer needs;
managing effective implementation of sell-through programs.
Responsible for the production and maintenance of customer-based account development plans, and business forecasts which will serve as a framework for account management going forward.
Communicating the Sony Message
Responsible for ensuring customer understanding of market and technology trends as well as relevant evolving business models.
Accountable for ensuring that he/she is able to effectively use company supplied tools. These include the Salesforce.com and IBP/SAP Systems also acquiring sell-through information from nominated accounts, and the Microsoft Office suite amongst others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience within Austria Telecom Market, knowing all Operator and Retail Accounts across Austria
- Should be able to demonstrate strong negotiation and communication skills
- 5 years + successful selling experience in a B2B2C or FMCG environment
- Proven track record of increasing sales revenues year on year
- Experience in a B2B2C environment where sell-through activity plays an important element in success.
- Experience with mobile communications technologies is a plus
- Experience competing against or working for companies in the mobile communications market place is a plus
- Experience of leading a virtual team.
- Business planning or financial modeling/business case development
- Product marketing and/or retail marketing experience
- Spoken and written fluency both in local and in English language is required
We are looking forward to receiving your application including CV, motivational letter and information of your soonest availability at:
Sony Europe B.V., Zweigniederlassung Austria
Euro Plaza 3, Wienerbergstrasse 41, 1120 Vienna, Austria