You will join a team of talented and motivated developers taking care of the heart of our business, the so called "Mobfox SSP* Core". We also call it the "money making machine". It is a service, which has to find the best suiting ad within 300ms and deliver it back to our advertising partners. It needs to be able to process an extremely high volume of concurrent requests (400K per second), producing a data footprint that is really Big Data (a data flow of 2M rows per second).
As part of the team you will participate in our daily stand-ups, our planning meetings, our team discussions and you will develop new features while keeping the system smooth and fast in such a way that you can be proud of it together with your team!
What we offer:
- Work in an international environment with a young and dynamic A-Team with great technical background and expertise
- Get exposed to cutting edge technologies in the Big Data domain (Aerospike, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Hive, Presto, etc.)
- Room for personal development, for own ideas and improvements to the product
- Flexible working hours
- Great team, spacious office, free coffee, free fruit bar and regular team activities
- Easy onboarding with a mentor to teach you all you need to know
- Contribute to our great product development by delivering elegant code and great features that work smoothly under high load
- Optimize for performance and maintain our MobFox SSP bringing your own ideas inside of a self-managed team
- Identify, plan & implement new features together with the Product Owner and your team
- Launch features, learn something new, research interesting ideas, play with technology together with your team
- Solid Java skills with a very good understanding of object-oriented & functional programming and dependency injection
- Recent Java development experience (4 years)
- Hands-on experience with unit testing (e.g. JUnit, Mockito)
- Basic Linux know-how, good understanding of HTTP, TCP and networking, ideally experience with Docker
- Experience with distributed key-value stores is a plus
- Nice to have experience with asynchronous and reactive programming and technologies such as Vert.x and Rx
- Eager to learn new technologies/ languages such as Hadoop, Kafka and Spark Streaming and Python
- Fluent in English
- Systematic thinking and fast comprehension
- Team player
*SSP stands for "Supply Side Platform". It is an exchange, which asks many partners for ads and holds an auction to pick "the best one" from the bunch so that our publishers get the most out of it. All in under 300 milliseconds.
We offer a salary, which is conform to the Austrian collective agreement (IT-KV) starting from € 3.800 per month (38,5h/week, 14 times) with the willingness to overpay depending on your qualifications and experience.
If you want to bring your engagement and skills into an international company, which values team culture and elegant solutions for complex problems, please send your CV and something you are proud about to Audrey Tzakovski.