We are shaping the world with sensor solutions!
ams' success, being a world leader in the design and production of high performance analog ICs and sensor solutions is driven by our most important asset - our employees. To support our continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who want to make a difference and are focused on being the best.
Senior Purchaser (m/f)
Indirect & Direct Materials
Job No. 3853
Job description/tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all purchasing activities for InDirect Materials (IDM) and Direct Materials (DM) mainly for ams Singapore / Austria (and possibly also for other ams locations).
- Close collaboration with Strategic Purchaser to manage a strong base of suppliers, search new suppliers and expand existing networks and relationships.
- Commercial negotiations, management of further supplier related activities as member of the purchasing team in Singapore / Austria (e.g. purchase orders, monitoring of timely delivery, logistics, expedite deliveries etc).
- Oversee and manage the RFQ process for products and services, review the specification together with the technical project owner, based on the requirements decide together on the fitting supplier.
- Maintain and update the procurement processes & filing systems for full compliance with all company policies and contract requirements.
- Act as owner of our suppliers to lead.
- Issue the purchase orders, and monitor and secure the timely delivery.
- In case of delays, escalate and work with the strategic purchaser to avoid delay.
- Submit a monthly report of achievements KPI’s and ongoing projects to your management.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ Engineering / Supply Chain Management or diploma with sufficient experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Purchasing
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PPT
- Possess good ethics and sound character
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively deal with people in a professional, courteous manner in various situations
- Self-driven, goal oriented to continuously achieve utmost results
- Experience in the semiconductor industry preferred
- Willingness to travel internationally
Premstätten, Styria, Austria
Collective salary and wage agreement:
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group G. (https://www.feei.at/arbeitswelt/kv-tabellen-statistik/mindestloehne-und-gehaelter).
If you enjoy creativity and innovation, working in teams and an open and friendly corporate culture, we are looking forward to your application via our recruiting platform: www.ams.com/eng/Join-Our-Team/Open-Positions