Product Safety and Reliability Engineer (m/f)
At Bombardier Transportation, 36,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time.
If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience.
For our Product Line Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) located in Vienna we are looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Product Safety and Reliability Engineer (m/f).
The “Product Safety and Reliability Engineer” performs the safety and reliability processes and activities along the whole lifecycle of BT’s products and subsystems. Essential part of this work is the provision of the necessary safety and reliability analyses, based on detailed analyses performed by other specialists in their own technical domains.
With its specific knowledge and experience, and applying BT’s relevant Product Safety and Reliability processes, the engineer contributes successfully to the product/subsystem: Product Family specification and development; bid and conceptual design;
preliminary and detailed design; validation and authorization.
The “Product Safety and Reliability Engineer” performs activities during the realization, authorization, operation and field support of the products/subsystems. He/she leads the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses with BT products and services (Bombardier-internal terminology: Product “Safety Bulletins”).
Interfaces with and supports internal and external stakeholders (engineering, customers, assessors, etc.) for various tasks during the product/system lifecycle and provides implementation feedback and improvement suggestions for BT’s Product Safety Management System; for Reliability; and for relevant horizontal initiatives.
- Product Safety and Reliability assessment and documentation activities in projects, or supporting Product Families
- Communication, support to other engineering functions, assessors and stakeholders with respect to project or Product Family work
- Lead the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses
- Planning, reporting and horizontal activities associated with the role
- A university degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent), or an equivalent working experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of safety and reliability assessment techniques (FTA, risk matrix, FME(C)A, etc.);
- Experience in the application of relevant software tools (e.g. DOORS, Fault Tree+, etc.) is of benefit;
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation and application of relevant standards, laws, regulation: may include EN 5012x, MIL-STD-882, IEEE Std 1012, CSM for Risk Assessment, etc.;
- Background knowledge in any particular engineering area (e.g. brakes, etc.) may be beneficial.
The minimum salary for this position is 2.574,68 € gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Join us at carreers.bombardier.com