Technical Process Manager for Plastic Extrusion (m/f)
Pipelife is a business unit within the Wienerberger Group and one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastic pipe systems, currently present in 26 countries. We manufacture and market a wide range of quality pipe systems, providing tailor-made solutions for municipal infrastructure as well as for the industrial and house-building sector.
Pipelife is now focusing on the development of Manufacturing Excellence and is therefore looking for a skilled and ambitious Technical Process Manager for Plastic Extrusion.
The Process Manager is primarily responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes on local level throughout the Pipelife Group in order to increase the short and long term efficiency of the plants. This includes design and development of new processes, modification of existing processes, cost improvement initiatives and quality improvement projects. The incumbent also offers and supports recommendations for new equipment and tooling and provides pragmatic training on production processes geared to the target group in the plants. In close cooperation with other colleagues from the Technical Department, the Process Manager pushes the aspiration for industry-leading manufacturing methods in the group, leading to higher quality, lower costs and a safer working environment.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Measure manufacturing productivity (OEE) in Pipelife’s European plants and identify improvement possibilities
- Derive action plans and define measures to achieve the defined improvement
- Lead, actively participate in, and provide technical support in process improvement initiates and problem solving teams
- Close cooperation with staff on plant floor to gain insight into process improvement opportunities, process compliance, to accomplish goals, develop continuous improvement and resolve equipment and processing issues
- Provide technical and problem-solving support to the plants on raw material mixture, PVC formulations, extrusion tools and equipment
- Support the development of standard operating procedures and provide training on plant floor in hands-on manner
- Ambassador for Safety and 5S at the workplace
- Ideal candidates will possess 10 years+ of relevant work experience in plastic Extrusion
- Profound educational background in Chemical Engineering, Process technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with the set-up of extrusion lines, with extrusion tools and related equipment
- Knowledge about different plastic materials and PVC formulations
- Lean Manufacturing/ Six Sigma experience is a plus, educated in Safety Management
- English skills at Business level, further language skills preferable
- Pragmatic, hands-on and solution-oriented attitude with good communication skills and able to work with all levels of the organization
- Prepared to lead a number of projects involving pragmatic hands-on interaction, strong problem-solving skills, generating enthusiasm and supporting the local teams
- No compromises on health, safety and environment issues
- Mobility/ Willingess to travel within Europe (+/-70% of the time)
You will work in an international team within a highly diverse and multi-cultural organization reporting directly to the CTO of the group. Your office will be in the Headquarters in Vienna or – upon agreement – in one of our major European locations. The position requires frequent business travels to our production sites with location all over Europe.
An attractive workplace at our headquarters in the Wienerberg City in a dynamic environment and international team with the development opportunities of an international acting group is awaiting you.
The monthly minimum gross salary for a local contract amounts to EUR 3.164,-- according to the collective bargaining agreement. We offer a market-compliant remuneration package reflecting your experience and qualification plus additional variable remuneration parts as well as attractive employee benefits.
If you’re interested in taking up this challenge with Pipelife, we are happy to receive your online application including a motivational letter. Our offer addresses likewise female and male applicants.