Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping almost 40 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue’s Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world’s best luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and safely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue’s IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
In this position as MicroStrategy Developer you will be responsible for development of our Business intelligence (BI) and reporting solutions in our DATA Team. This highly responsible role involves offering state of the art technology solutions that will drive forward Global Blue’s Tax Free Shopping and Currency Choice product offerings. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an agile environment for the market leader in its industry.
If you are a confident, poised, self-motivated and creative professional with passion for generating and writing clean code, which is vital for driving change, we are your next destination employer!
This position requires the individual to be very logical and have strong MicroStrategy design and visualization skills. This position will be involved in all aspects of the development process, including: design, development, system testing, maintenance of customized business reports and all other aspects of the software development process.
Self-motivated, fast learner with a desire to learn new technologies. In addition, this position will:
- Develop reports using MicroStrategy software that support the self-service BI Initiative across Global Blue.
- Understand existing reports functionality and design
- Create graphics, MicroStrategy Objects, and documentation
- Build and maintain MicroStrategy schema objects (attributes, facts, hierarchies, tables, views, etc.) and public objects (metrics, filters, templates, reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and enhance existing reports
- Gather Analytic Reporting Requirements and Facilitate End User Testing
- Provide MicroStrategy training for end users
- Incorporate advanced and emerging MicroStrategy features
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Education and background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information systems management
- 3+ years of experience as a MicroStrategy developer (reports, objects, attributes, metrics, filters, etc.) and ability to design and develop dashboards etc.
- Experience working with a Rational Database using SQL
- Understanding of data warehousing and dimensional modelling concepts
- Nice to have experience in data modelling (normalized, dimensional)
- Experience working in Agile environment, understanding of Scrum development methodologies
- Experience working in the Financial Industry a definite asset
- Ability to adhere to work plans and track assignments with minimal guidance
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Excellent team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English in spoken and written form
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to engage with teams who may be remote
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Benefits – lunch vouchers, company doctor, refreshment
- Employee referral program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Global Blue guarantees an attractive, competitive and performance-related compensation package based on your professional and personal qualifications as well as on market-oriented salaries and, therefore, our compensation package is significantly above the stated minimum salary.
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual compensation according to the respective Austrian collective agreement for this position, which amounts to €36.419,46.