Principal Scientist in Analytical Development (f/m/d), Kundl, Austria
500 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion - with your help and contribution as a Principal Scientist (f/m/d) in our team.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, perform and document scientific experiments as well as statistical analysis and interpretation of the results to drive Development of analytical and galenical methods for solid and liquid dosage forms applying aQbD principles with special focus on rigorous DoE
• Actively support product development with scientific input and generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners and also support generation of international registration documents
• Report, interpret and present scientific/technical results to management
• Participate in technical sub teams and fulfil assigned project tasks and responsibilities
• Actively participate in knowledge exchange; train and coach associate scientists and technicians, temporary employees, and employees under training/education
What you'll bring to the role:
• MSc, PhD, or PostDoc in analytical chemistry or related field
• 5+ years of experience in pharma industry, preferably in analytical development
• Strong background in development and /or validation of chromatographic methods and knowledge and experience analytical QbD and DOE and passion for supporting the international scientific team in solving pharmaceutical challenges using a systematic approach
• Good knowledge of relevant software tools like Empower, ASAPprime, Zeneth, Fusion, DryLab, Autochrome, Design Expert / Minitab, etc. and knowledge of current GMP (EU, USA) and advanced technical writing skills
• Hands-on experience in HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, Dissolution, ICP-MS
• Sharp scientific skills allowing the drawing of accurate assumptions from limited data to assess the next step in a development program, strong communication and presentation skills and persuasive personality with a positive mind-set, team-minded and a strong can-do attitude
• Fluency in English, German is a plus
• Audit experience highly advantageous
• IVIVC knowledge is an asset
• A track record of peer-reviewed publications demonstrating scientific success and ability to write in a scientifically sound manner
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 51.180,5 per year on a full time basis
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Be part of a young, cross-functional R&D organization for development of manufacturing processes covering the full Novartis biologics and...
Deine Aufgaben: Qualifizierung von Automatisierungssystemen / Prozessanlagen, Planung, Koordination und Durchführung von Qualifizierungsaktivitäten in Investitionsprojekten und laufenden Produktionsanlagen...
Ihre Aufgaben: Selbständige Planung und Durchführung von Serviceeinsätzen, bestehend aus Installationen, Wartungen und kleinen Reparaturen, Exakte Dokumentation und Erfassung der erbrachten Leistungen beim...