Head Legal Counsel, Kundl, Austria
650 million! That's how many patient treatments we enable each year through our business performance.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• As a member of the Global B2B Leadership Team you will proactively guide and advise the Leadership Team in all legal matters related to the company's B2B activities.
• Successfully manage the legal department to ensure compliance and audit readiness; act as people manager and sparring partner for the team members.
• Based on distinct operational and business acumen, provide complex and contextual legal advice and guidance to the B2B function on a day-to-day basis, by setting legal requirements in context with operational needs, in particular with respect to significant transactional and strategic aspects.
• Draft, negotiate and conclude complex and high value collaboration and supply agreements in close collaboration with the relevant business partner, as well as in coordination with other relevant members of the Legal function within the Novartis Group.
• Assess legal risks to the business and work with management to define and implement solutions to mitigate these risks, including training and communication.
• Provide legal support and advice in the assessment as well as management of potential and actual disputes, by providing the B2B team with robust assessments of (potential) contractual claims and proposed solutions.
• Liaise with external law firms and manage outsourced matters including costs.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Graduate of Law School & Bar member or eligibility
• Fluency in English essential, knowledge of German is beneficial
• Min. of 7 years post-Bar experience required (ideally gained within a healthcare/pharmaceutical environment, or with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare clients)
• Documented success in drafting and negotiating international contracts
• Sound experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple and complex projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated professional & culturally sensitive work ethic
• People management experience
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 67,292.12 per year on a full time basis)
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Ihre Aufgaben: Sowohl die Korrespondenz in Personalangelegenheiten als auch die inhaltliche Vor- und Nachbereitung von Sitzungen und deren Protokollierung. Sie beraten den Vizerektor, aber auch andere Führungskräfte...
Assistant to Senior Counsel (m/f/d) What we offer, An innovative and international working environment, Flexible working time model (depending on position and role) Health We Care Program...