Seekda / Kognitiv is a hospitality technology, providing intelligent revenue generating solutions for hotels and hotel groups. Our platform enables the hospitality industry to intelligently generate and optimize online revenue activities including direct online booking, distribution to marketplaces, connecting to online travel agencies and connecting to metasearch with one single data input interface. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees worldwide with over 9000 hotel customers globally.
Our infrastructure is largely based on Linux servers, VMWare virtualization hosted in datacenters with some Aws services. We run significantly over 100 instances in redundant/clustered setups for high availability. System Operations team manages setup, maintenance, improvement and security of the production and development infrastructure.
We are expanding our team and are looking for an
OPS Systems Engineer Infrastructure (m/f) Vienna
In this position …
You will …
- Engineer and administer Linux (Ubuntu) based Servers and provide our base infrastructure as well as hosting for our Services and a development environment for our dev-teams
- Run and maintain dedicated and virtualized instances (VMWare) in datacenters and the Cloud (AWS)
- Support and ensure running of our production infrastructure and applications 24x7
- Support our dev-team during Roll-Outs, help optimize and track down errors including debugging
- Ensure high availability and scalability of our systems in planning, setup and maintenance including regular update cycles with a focus on minimal downtime
- Implement improvements, maintain our structures and overall be part of the team responsible for fault tolerance, network and overall system security and stability
- Have the chance to take part in designing future proof setups for new infrastructure
- Manage projects for migration, monitoring and security, disaster recovery planning, etc.
- Be Part of our OnCall Team providing 24x7 support (one week out of four)
You have …
- Several years of experience in the relevant areas
- Excellent skills and knowledge in managing Linux distributions (mainly Ubuntu)
- Excellent skills on Linux command line (shell, vi, …)
- Experience with support infrastructure, services and tools like DNS, webserver (Apache, nginx, tomcat), LDAP, mailserver (Postfix), monitoring (icinga), centralized logging (LogStash), handling SSL keys, etc.
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Elastic Search)
- Good analytical skills for debugging and problem resolution
- Programming experience with Java und Ruby are a plus but not required
- Experience with application and logfile analysis as well as error tracing
- Experience in designing and managing network layouts (planning, segmentation, …) as well as working with firewall (pfsense) and loadbalancing (HAproxy) infrastructure
- Experience with virtualization (mainly VMWare)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services AWS
- Experience with orchestration (SaltStack or similar)
- Social skills, are a good team player, are stress resistant and enjoy working in a flexible environment
- Excellent language skills in English (speaking German is a plus)
We offer …
- interesting and challenging tasks involving development, roll out, improvement and maintenance of modern technologies within a dynamic team
- promotion of your professional development
- flexible work options and interesting projects
- the chance to shape the company infrastructure
- a good work / life balance and good working atmosphere
We look forward to your application.
Please send your application including CV to Martin Petz (email@example.com), with Subject "OPS Systems Engineer Infrastructure (m/f)".
Only direct applications will be considered. Offers of employment agencies / recruiters will not be answered.
For this position we offer, depending on experience and qualifications a gross monthly salary of 2.825.00 EUR based on a full-time employment with readiness of overpayment depending on qualification and/or experience. OnCall will be handled via contract addon and paid separately.
To the company in accordance with the Equal Treatment Act:
Applicants with disabilities are given priority with the same qualifications and suitability.