We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior IT System Analyst / Business Analyst
Working closely with IT functions, Business Units, customers, and suppliers, the holder of this position shall analyse and document new requests in a detailed and structured way such that the requirements can be used as basis for software development and quality assurance processes. He / she shall focus on Business Process Analysis and Business Process Design and provide a comprehensive outlook to the Global Blue's business. Main responsibilities include the translation of business' needs and expectations into new products, services and solutions, helping Business Units implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way, analysing, classifying and modelling information, brainstorming for solutions and identifying weak points in plans and communicating clearly with all stakeholders and partners.
- Transfer of high-level business requests/ideas to detailed business requirements and technical requirements for development teams
- Abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding for business users
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and various Business Units in order to elicit, establish and translate business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Critically evaluate requirements gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Create, organise and maintain structured business requirements documentation
- Consult with Product Owners / System Specialists / Software Architects to brainstorm for feasible and cost-effective solutions and provide them with valuable inputs and insights from business' points-of-view
- Support Project Managers with estimation and evaluation of efforts and resources
- Model data and processes according to UML and BPML standards
- Support Development and Quality Assurance teams throughout the software development lifecycle e.g. review test cases
- Proactively cultivate good relationships with Business Units and other stakeholders to ensure flawless and transparent communication channels
Education and experience:
- Min. 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst / System Analyst, ideally
- in a transaction processing or financial services environment
- modelling based on UML and BPML with a modelling tool
- Experience in working with dislocated teams in a global, multicultural environment
- Relevant IT educational background - University degree or similar relevant experience
- Project life cycle experience, from presales analysis, planning and orientation through to final acceptance testing.
- Excellent English language skills both oral and written
- Natural translator of business requests into business / technical requirements
- Very well-structured with great attention to details
- Distinctive analytical thinking and ability to analyse and design complex workflows and processes
- Integrity and high quality standard levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Good client-facing skills, inquisitive and engaging personality
- Work in fast-growing international company
- Multi-cultural environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Development and potential to growth
- Varied and challenging job
: Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to 37 266,18 EUR.