EBG MedAustron GmbH is a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where patients are treated with proton and carbon ion radiation.
At the heart of the facility, a synchrotron type particle accelerator is generating the particle beam, which is used for the irradiation. Experts of many different fields work jointly to build, commission, maintain, and further develop the so-called Therapy Accelerator, a medical device in accordance with European regulations, dedicated to the cancer treatment in a clinical environment.
You can become part of the multi-national Therapy Accelerator team as a
System Physicist / Engineer (m/f)
Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Your tasks in this position include:
- Further commissioning and development of our Therapy Accelerator under consideration of the European Medical Device Directive
- Expert support during clinical operation
- Support of maintenance activities of our Therapy Accelerator
- Contribution to the definition and execution of system tests
- Contributions to the technical documentation
- Contribution to the development and commissioning of a second variant of the Therapy accelerator at a different installation site
- Participation in the commissioning and operation of the Accelerator (which requires shift work 24/7 up to appr. 30%)
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to be an Physicist / Engineer with:
- Graduate (Master or PhD) of an accredited university, preferably electrical engineering or physics
- Minimum of 3 years of occupational experience in product development, preferably in the development and/or maintenance of medical devices
- Experience with relevant QM-systems (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485) and related processes
If you are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English. Farsi and German language skills are an advantage.
- Reliable, proactive and "hands-on"
- Working accurately, attentive and independently
- A team-worker and problem solver
- Communicative, flexible and analytical
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of EUR 45,000 gross p.a. is offered, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).