EBG MedAustron GmbH is a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where patients are treated with proton and carbon ion radiation.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. Experts of many different fields work together to build and operate the accelerator. The Commissioning Department within the Therapy Accelerator Division is responsible for the commissioning of the facility from beam generation to beam delivery in the irradiation room, for both clinical treatments and non-clinical research.
You can become part of the multi-national commissioning team as
RF Engineer (m/f)
Full-time: 40 hours / week
Your tasks in this position include:
- Take over responsibility for particular parts of accelerator subsystems (RF cavities, RF Amplifiers, etc.) based on RF technology (resonating structures 216MHz and 14.5 GHz, wide band structures 0.5-3 MHz) including planning and/or execution of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
- Provision of expertise within the group and for other organizational units regarding the above outlined components/subsystems
- Contribution to the technical documentation and to the beam Quality assurance of our Therapy Accelerator
- Contribution to the performance optimization and future developments of our Therapy Accelerator
- Contribution to the development and commissioning of a second variant of the Therapy Accelerator at a different installation site within our international projects team
- Participation in the commissioning and operation of the accelerator (which requires shift work 24/7 up to appr. 30%)
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to be an Engineer with:
- Graduate (Master or PhD) of an accredited university, preferably electrical engineering or physics
- Minimum of 2 or more years of demonstrated experiences, in at least one of the following categories:
- RF amplifier systems (Solid State, Tubes, waveguides)
- Particle accelerator hardware (resonating accelerator structures)
- Microwave technology (Amplifiers, waveguides)
- Motivation to acquire new competences, to be able to support all the group's activities (internal training will be provided)
If you are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English. Farsi and German language skills are an advantage.
- Reliable, proactive and "hands-on"
- A team-worker and problem solver
- Communicative, flexible and analytical
- Working attentive and independently
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of EUR 45,000 gross p.a. is offered, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).