EBG MedAustron GmbH is a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where patients are treated with proton and carbon ion radiation.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. Experts of many different fields work together to build and operate the accelerator. The Electronics Group is responsible for the design, production, documentation and certification of electronics components. Furthermore the group is responsible for installation, commissioning and maintenance of components such as power converters, beam diagnostic and other special equipment. Electronics are the components between the control system and the accelerator.
You can become part of the multi-national Electronics team as a
Power Electronics Engineer (m/f)
Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Your tasks in this position include:
- Draw up specifications for a wide range AC/DC power converters (from 1kW up to 5MW) and follow up their test, development and production in industry
- Taking care about distribution plants (Low and Medium Voltage) for power converters installation Designing analog and digital boards
- Take over the commissioning, operation and maintenance of the power converters of a second variant of the Therapy Accelerator at a different installation site within our international projects team
- Participation in the commissioning and operation of the Accelerator (which requires on-call support and shift work 24/7 up to appr. 30%)
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to be an Electronics Engineer with:
- Graduate (Master or PhD) of an accredited university, preferably Electronics (Power Electronics) or similar
- Ideally 2 or more years working experience in power electronics fields (particle accelerators, renewable sources, railways, electrical automotive)
- Experience with low voltage and medium voltage plants
- In-depth knowledge in power electronics design
- Knowledge on automatic control systems and their analysis
- Analog and digital electronics design
- Proficient with modern tools and procedures for the design and simulation of electronic circuits: SIMULINK, MATLAB, PSICE
- PCB design and production with ALTIUM Designer will be appreciated)
If you are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English. Farsi language skills are an advantage.
- Reliable, proactive and "hands-on"
- Working accurately, attentive and independently
- A team-worker and problem solver
- Willing to fulfil shift work 24/7 and on-call support
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of EUR 40,000 gross p.a. is offered, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).