The EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH (EODC) is looking to strengthen its Software Development team with a
Junior Software Developer (m/f)
Full-time: 38,5h per week, fixed short term, place of employment: Vienna, Austria
In cooperation with partners from the private and public sectors the earth observation data centre operates, maintains and expands its Petabyte data storage and processing capacity. It is connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-3 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
What we are looking for
For this entry level position, we are looking for a motivated, flexible person, who shows enthusiasm to new challenges, is open to lay hands on new technologies, is able to work independently or as a part of a coordinated team and has excellent communication skills.
You will support our software development team with the development of tools and services in the context of multiple projects. Your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- development of cloud/web based tools services
- implementation of services (SaaS) on the EODC cloud platform
- implementation of scientific algorithms
What we expect
- Computer Science or IT diploma (University, College, FH or similar)
- Good knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experienced with version control, build automation (Git, CI)
- Structured, reproducible way of working (documentation, clean code)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Profound knowledge of web services and metadata standards (ISO, Inspire, ...)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures and container technologies (OpenStack, Docker, …)
- Good knowledge of database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Django, Flask, Spring, ...) and knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Minimum wage: 2332,- Euro gross salery (full time) with overpayment depending on
qualification, Collective agreement: „Dienstleistungen in der automatischen
Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: Spezielle Tätigkeiten"
- Exciting range of activities, collaboration with national and international partners and projects in the area of earth observation
- Your contract will be fixed short term, with the option for renewal after evaluation.
If this job offer is interesting for you, please submit your application documents (application letter, detailed CV and relevant references) via e-mail till August 31st, 2017, 10:00 AM, to: email@example.com
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH