Westcore Europe is a real estate investor-manager with a specialization in multi-tenant industrial, retail, and office properties. Westcore is headquartered in Geneva Switzerland, with additional offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, and Vienna. Westcore is a vertically integrated company with expertise in all facets of real estate investment management including finance, leasing, redevelopment, construction and building operations. Globally, Westcore has over EUR1 billion in assets under management, EUR300 million of which is located in Europe.
Westcore offers the position of a Senior Financial Manager with international responsibility based in Vienna.
Senior Financial Manager (m/f)
Responsible for oversight of the accuracy and timeliness of accounting for all transactions within both corporate and property entities, ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with appropriate and local tax guidance as well as within company policies and procedures. This includes the detailed review/analysis of all corporate and property accounting transactions including management fees, equity accounting, accounts payable, payroll, treasury and fixed assets additions/deletions, fair value analyses, forecasting, budgeting, and all other types of financial information/analysis within the entities.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required, with MBA, MST, MA a plus.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of progressive financial accounting and reporting experience.
- Prior work experience with Big Four accounting firm (or other nationally recognized firm) preferred.
- Experience with Yardi (or equivalent mid- to large- tier ERP).
- Understanding of policy and procedure implementation and internal control documentation.
- Real estate accounting experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monthly review of property and corporate financial statements, including transactions, supporting documentation, detail general ledger, financial statements, balance sheet analyses, journal entries, and other supporting schedules/calculations prepared by outsourced accounting team.
- Review and analysis of various documents including loan agreements, management agreements, lease and contract agreements, operating agreements, and various other documents in order to analyze and ensure transactions are being recorded properly.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and timely processing for all types of related-party billings.
- Responsible for monthly forecasts and annual corporate business plans.
- Implementation and review of various financial reports included in monthly package which includes analysis of balance sheet rollforwards, variance and trend analysis, consolidations, etc.
- Coordinate annual third party tax return preparation for corporate and property entities in accordance with all local jurisdictions and regulations.
- Establish, implement, evaluate and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to improve overall efficiency of the accounting and other company departments.
- Facilitate and enhance communication and relationships with company management teams and third-party investors, creditors, vendors, etc.
- Coordinate, review and monitor corporate cash needs, including loan draws and capital calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical--the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving--the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication--the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Delegation--the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management skills--the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management--the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment--the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing--the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Safety and security--the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Multitasking- the individual needs to be able to multitask in a very fast moving environment
- As the platform and assets under management grows, upward mobility and expectation to grow the department internally and directly supervise additional employees in the corporate accounting group
- Future responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- High degree of written and spoken fluency in German and English.
- Preferred - written and spoken fluency in French a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Possible extensive travel amongst corporate group offices in other countries.
- Interaction with and reporting back to home office in U.S. and reconciliation of all accounting/finance issues back to U.S. reporting and accounting standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Chartered Accountant, or similar
- Great work environment
- Young professional team
- Office with excellent public transport connection, employee parking, on site restaurant
- Compensation of Euro 45,000.00+ p.a. depending on qualification
Westcore Europe / IVAM Real Estate
www.westcore.eu | www.ivam.at
DI Ingo Bischof