People like him
Your job at Erste Group is built around the needs of our customers. They need bankers who listen actively, ask questions and can react flexibly to changes. This is us. Are you ready to join the most modern bank in Central and Eastern Europe?
Senior Coverage - Financial Sponsors & Energy Team (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The division "Group Large Corporates" specializes in providing banking solutions for large multinational clients with more than EUR 500mln annual turnover that are active in Austria & Central and Eastern Europe or headquartered therein.
The Vienna based unit consists of four industry teams with the following industry focus:
- Industrials & TMT
- Financial Sponsors & Energy
- Consumer & Natural Resources
- Paper, Machinery & Western Region
Our industry teams accompany clients on a daily basis, in a large number of corporate and strategic activities. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market knowledge enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients.
The Financial Sponsors & Energy team is one of the core teams in "Group Large Corporates" with a track record of executing high profile deals.
The team operates across three sub-verticals; covering Private Equity, Infrastructure & Energy and offers the opportunity to gain transaction exposure across all products (M&A, ECM, DCM and Levfin/PFfin).
The financial sponsor function is regional, running from Vienna.
- will help to define the bank's Financial Sponsors & Energy strategy in order to drive income & returns from the existing portfolio as a VP/Director and help to deliver a significant number of new financial sponsor & energy relationships
- will lead and coordinate the preparation of high quality pitch books that demonstrate corporate finance analysis and integrated solutions within the bank's range of products and capabilities
- will be treated as an experienced professional and given autonomy to make your own decisions
- will drive the Financial Sponsors & Energy Groups' efforts to be recognised by all key stakeholders as the bank's trusted experts on financial sponsors & energy situations, in order to facilitate on-boarding a well-defined portfolio of prospects across Erste Group's footprint
- have the ability to establish and develop relationships of trust with clients, built on strict ethical principles
- are highly motivated to work and lead across multidisciplinary and cross cultural transaction teams
- are a strategic thinker who can spot the risks as well as the opportunities in any course of action
- have 5 years+ of experience from a corporate or investment bank / corporate development/M&A team with a corporate
- have an existing sponsor/energy sector network (ideally in Europe)
- have corporate financial knowledge, in particular creating merger, DCF and other financial models
- provide evidence of deal experience
- possess knowledge of Investment/Corporate Banking products and capabilities; a background within M&A rather than pure financing/leverage finance is advantageous
- are fluent in English & German
- offer a highly interesting job opportunity within an open, motivated and flexible team
- support your professional and personal development
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 35.920,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement
We are looking forward to hearing from you!