EBG MedAustron GmbH is a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where patients are treated with proton and carbon ion radiation.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. Experts of many different fields work together to develop, build, commission and operate the accelerator as a medical device. The Quality Assurance Group within the Therapy Accelerator Division is responsible for the operational implementation and maintenance of the QM system (EN ISO 13458) for the Therapy Accelerator, as well as its conformity with the medical device directive.
You can become part of the multi-national Quality Assurance team as
Head of Quality Assurance (m/f)
Start date: July 2017
Your tasks in this position include:
- Responsibility for the personnel and budget of the Quality Assurance Group
- Reporting to Head of Therapy Accelerator Division
- Responsibility for the operational implementation and maintenance of the QMS and its processes according to EN ISO 13485
- Responsibility for the maintenance and extension of the conformity of the Therapy Accelerator to the MDD and other legal requirements
- Securing that all service activities, changes and developments affecting the medical product are carried out according to the applicable SOPs
- Securing the team competence for applicable standards and laws
- Responsibility for the Therapy Accelerator's Technical File
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Work in close collaboration with the Quality Management team
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to have the following education and professional experience:
- Graduation of a technical college, higher technical school or similar
- 3 - 5 years of occupational experience with QMS or in the area of product certification, preferably in the medical field
- Experience in the development of programmable electrical medical devices is an asset
- Experience with standards and laws for medical devices is an asset
- Proven experience in team leadership
If your are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Having a good command of German
- Strong in communication and able to collaborate with other teams in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Reliable, flexible and "hands-on"
- Working accurately and independently
- A team worker with a cooperative personality
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of EUR 50,000 gross p.a. is offered, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).